Notices

2 weeks sober ( SAD )

Old 09-26-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks sober ( SAD )

Well so i'm 2 weeks in and loving it.

Yesterday my mother in law called me and told me that she and my father in law may be getting a divorce . Which was kind of shocking.
I guess the other night they had a disagreement and he told her," I don't see us lasting" So she called me the next day 9-25 ...and told me that she's done and there is nothing left to fight for.
She's also sick of him being an alcoholic . As she stated "He's drinking 5 days a week now." Which I can't blame her who wants to deal with that everyday? ( he becomes a mean drunk towards her not so much us kids) My husband of course is sad about it ...I mean we both are. However at the end of the day it's the end of the day and if leaving him will make her happy i'm all for it. It's just a bummer.

I told her she should try marriage counseling ... also giving him an ultimatum on the drinking to see if that helps smooth things over.
Time will tell. I hope they can work this out. If not I guess it's what's meant to be.

Thanks for listening. STAY SOBER, BE HAPPY AND EMBRACE YOUR LIFE!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!
Old 09-26-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on the two weeks Sorry to hear about the family problem with the in-laws - I'm sure they'll do what's best for them, whatever that turns out to be.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Ash- sorry to hear that babe! Another big eye opener what alcohol does to relationships! That's super cool that you have a close relationship with your mother in law and congrats on 2 weeks sober! xo
Old 09-26-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to that Ashley. Do you think its a done deal or is there a chance for reconciliation? Sounds like you are handling it well. As you know its not worth drinking over. Nothing is.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by icandothis20 View Post
Hey Ash- sorry to hear that babe! Another big eye opener what alcohol does to relationships! That's super cool that you have a close relationship with your mother in law and congrats on 2 weeks sober! xo
Thanks love ! Are you having issues with the chat as well? I want it back up already ! This maintenance is messing with my daily routine lol
Old 09-26-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Sorry to that Ashley. Do you think its a done deal or is there a chance for reconciliation? Sounds like you are handling it well. As you know its not worth drinking over. Nothing is.
I'm sure they will work it out on their own terms. And you're right nothing is worth drinking over at this point! I'm finally feeling free of alcoholism
Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep tried all morning!!!
Old 09-26-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your are never free from it. You can only manage it in my humble opinion. Maintain your guard. AV is powerful and long lived. This is a lifelong endeavor.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by icandothis20 View Post
Yep tried all morning!!!
Grrrrrr!
Old 09-26-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like a sad situation for the family, Ashley. But, you know you have the tools to get through these kinds of things.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
It sounds like a sad situation for the family, Ashley. But, you know you have the tools to get through these kinds of things.
I sure do thanks Anna!!!!!