Notices

I fell off... getting up again

Old 09-09-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I fell off... getting up again

I had a set back last night, and I feel I was doing well. I have no excuse, and it had been on a day that I hadn't consciously been visiting this site and I know being sober is going to an active choice I'll have to exercise daily.

Anyway, just wanted to share, here's to day 1 again.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Glad you posted. Make it a good day!
Old 09-09-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Sarbear,

For me, it's very hard to come back here and start over again right away. It's courageous to do that; hats off to you! We can do this.

O
Old 09-09-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

D
Old 09-09-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back

any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

D
I think I need to figure out what to do when I get angry or upset in that way. That's what kind of fueled it this time. Being angry is a very uncomfortable emotion to me and I believe I was trying to get away from it and then it turned into a night out which put me in a bad spot from there out.

I almost feel I need isolation for a bit!
Old 09-09-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you tried looking at any online coping strategies for difficult emotions? I'm no good with sitting with uncomfortable feelings too ( think that's quite common for alcoholic drinkers!) but I find that meditation works really well. Especially if you catch yourself early before the feeling becomes overwhelming. Sorry - I'm not sure how to attach links but try Mindful Peace on youtube. Really simple guided meditions. Anything is worth a try!

I also relapsed and it was also on a day my head wasn't in it. I hadn't been on here, was tired and a bit peed off with everything. It's easy done and its awesome you are back.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you're back! Anger/frustration is a big triggering emotion as well. At least you've learned that booze is only a temporary solution, even though that doesn't always deter us.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Anger and frustration are triggers for me as well. But I think you are right in that you may need some isolation until you have some sobriety under your belt. And when I say isolation, I mean possibly staying away from events, situations, people, etc. that may frustrate you. You can always put yourself around these things later once you have at least 30 days I would suggest.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Sarbear,

Glad you came right back! I have found that going for walks, yoga, and mindfulness help me deal with stress, anger, sadness...

I also know that in the past complacency was my downfall, so checking in here daily is really important to me. Check in with us on the 24 hour thread each day, i will look for your posts.