Notices

How long after quitting alcohol did you lose weight

Old 02-06-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Boxer

I lost nothing the first four plus months though my diet wasn’t great, especially portion control. I think my belief was I can eat what I want and lose weight bc now I’m not taking in those thousands of extra calories every day.
I realized that was wishful thinking. I adjusted portion size, minimize carbs (you do need some) and increased veggie intake (filling without empty calories), no processed foods or starch and lost 40 pounds in less than two months.
Next stop...back to the gym. I’m at my fighting weight again! ��
Old 02-06-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
G-Woman

I didn't really lose any weight after getting sober, but a lot of gastrointestinal issues I had began to slowly go away.

I didn't start to lose weight until I radically altered my diet and cut out sugars and most processed foods. But I wanted to make sure my recovery was on solid footing before trying it out.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have gained about 20 pounds in the 6 months since I got sober due to insane snacking and a sweet tooth. Plus I gave up smoking too which didn't help I'm sure!
Like shortstop my priority was my sobriety. In fact I was quite nervous about starting a healthy eating regime (you know - HALT etc) but I did so 4 weeks ago and have lost about 6 pounds so far.
I actually feel a lot better physically now that I'm not eating so much sugar and processed rubbish.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's taken nearly a year for the weight to start coming off me. I think I had really damaged my liver and it's taken all this time for it to heal, because even though I was exercising and trying to eat well I wasn't noticing any substantial weight loss. But in the last couple of months all of a sudden the weight has been falling off me! Every time I step on the scale I'm down more.

So just give it time and keep taking care of yourself. Don't drink again. No matter what.