Notices

Alcohol Withdrawal or no?

Old 08-09-2017, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol Withdrawal or no?

Hello. I am new to this and I am really just trying to see if anyone has dealt with something similar.

I have never been a heavy drinker but would have 2-3 beers or 2-3 glasses of wine every night. Then, sometimes on weekends I would drink a little heavier. Recently, I had started to drink a little more. Last week, I went through a box of wine in 3 days and then had about 7-8 strong beers on Saturday night. I knew I needed to slow down, but I have been having health anxiety lately and only feel 'better' when I have a few drinks.

With that being said, I havent touched a beer since Saturday night. Since then, I have felt horrible. I have a terrible taste in my mouth, Health anxiety has ramped up 100%, I cannot fall asleep, muscles are sore and twitching non-stop, and I am very exhausted.

Could this all be alcohol related? I have been to the doctors about some of these symptoms in the past. They have always given me a clean bill of health. I have never thought about it being alcohol causing this. I didnt even think I was drinking enough to be a problem. I see my Primary DR. again Monday but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone could relate to any of this or have any issues. The muscle pain and twitching is quite unnerving. Thanks to all!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi if you have been putting stuff in your body on a regular basis, then stop of course your body will react, perhaps see your doctor again for reassurance good luck
Old 08-09-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Hoover!

You didn't mention how long you've been drinking. I know my anxiety skyrocketed the first few days of withdrawal. I really couldn't tell you for sure if your symptoms are alcohol related.

Please be completely honest with your Doctor. Are you thinking of quitting for good?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is not medical advice....It sounds like withdraw to me. See a doc if you feel you need to. That's a decent amount of daily boozing (not judging, I was worse)."After" anxiety" is also caused by drinking,which leads us to drink more to feel 'normal'..Hang in there and know that you won't have to go through this again....if you don't drink.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
Welcome, Hoover!

You didn't mention how long you've been drinking. I know my anxiety skyrocketed the first few days of withdrawal. I really couldn't tell you for sure if your symptoms are alcohol related.

Please be completely honest with your Doctor. Are you thinking of quitting for good?
Hey there! I have been drinking for about 4 years now. Nothing too heavy, but every once in awhile in would get a little heavier. I would usually grab a beer or two, which would turn into 3 or 4, after work.

I plan on quitting drinking during the week altogether. Maybe having a beer or two socially on the weekends but that would be it. But none of that until these symptoms are sorted out.

The muscle twitching and soreness is the strangest thing.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you get some answers, Hoover.

4 years is definitely enough time for your body to grow dependent on alcohol.

If you're concerned, I would try the 30 day abstinence. Might open your eyes as to whether you have a problem or not.

Good luck!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Hoover012

Feeling better after a few drinks could be a sign that you're at least dependent on or perhaps addicted to alcohol.

I recommend seeing a Dr about withdrawal. It's the best and safest way especially if you have health anxiety already

D