Notices

Before i kidded myself i could go to a party

Old 08-07-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Before i kidded myself i could go to a party

Early on, I was on a mission to prove to everyone I could accept all these invitations, that was a slippery slope, now keep your invitations I dont want them, harsh as this may sound no one is going to do this for me, this is on me and me alone, I dont want to go to a bar or a party, and these people that invite you, if they are friends will understand and if they dont, then dont worry, sobriety has to come first, will these people come to your funeral and be there for your family, probably not, just getting this off my chest thanks
Old 08-07-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!
I have to go to a party on Sunday and I'm trying not to think about it until then. It's at a friends house and there will be plenty of nice food so I will try to focus on the food and telling myself how good I will feel when I wake up the next day. We've already booked a couple of nights accommodation and my husband really wants to go so I can't cancel. I haven't told anyone about my problem except one close friend nor do I want to .
Old 08-07-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Give yourself a get out clause, if you feel like your going to drink, make your excuses and leave, concentrate on how people change when they drink, Imagine all the hangovers the following morning, and how you will get up feeling refreshed and remembering everything, have a nice time good luck
Old 08-07-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

When i go to parties i always look around at who is drinking and how much. I guess that is a recovering addict thing.

The drunks seem to avoid food for a while, they know it will slow down the buzz.

The normies enjoy a beer or cocktail w their meal. Maybe 1 or 2 more afterwards.

The drunks sometimes switch to shots of tequila. That terrifies me because eventually that stuff will hit the blood stream.

I know the next day those poor drunks will be hurting. Mentally tormented and eventually craving.

I envy neither the normy nor the drunk. 3 beers always made me bloated...that is alot of liquid.

Obviously, i don't envy the active addict.

I envy the sober person. Content and as pure of thought as they are naturally designed.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes I always avoided food so so true
Old 08-07-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My first sponsor used to say to me, "No is a complete sentence." Applies to pretty much anything in the universe that might jeopardize our physical or emotional sobriety. No matter what kind of event, place or person.

And we always have the choice to say no, turn someone down, walk away etc. People can deal. More often than not....they don't care.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes I used too have a problem saying no, but now it has to be part of my vocabulary