Notices

Day 8

Old 07-29-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

Good Morning All!

Yesterday I did a lot of reflection and realized that AA is helping to me to see something that I've never thought about. My whole life I've tried to be accepted by and fit in no matter what the crowd was. After a long time I started to resent people and became super jealous and scenical towards anyone who was deemed "normal". I hated any and everyone who had friends, a life, and and something positive going for themselves. My drinking only made that worse as the alcohol fuels that fire and made me isolate myself from the world. I saw everyone around me as the enemy and that I was the ultimate underdog and victim in my own movie role.

Until I walked into the rooms at AA I never felt like I was apart of something. While it may not be something that we want to tell the world, being apart of this community has given me a sense of who I am. I was lost looking for love amongst my peers and now I'm beginning to gain that. I have never been somewhere and people have shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, and genuinely card for me. Everyday I get a hug, a smile, and hear stories that motivate me to change.

It hasn't been easy and I'm not trying to sound like a monk on here. I'm only on day 8 and let me tell you it's tough. But everyday I wake up and goto my meetings is another victory for me. Everyday I get to goto these meetings is another day I haven't fallen to this disease. It's soothing and encouraging to know that I have a strength inside me I never knew.

When I came to AA I was looking for help to stay sober but now I see this program is meant to change your life...

I thank God for that and I pray He continues to use me and change my life for others to see as well!

Feeling proud!
Old 07-29-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Sounds like you found a great tool to use. I go to meetings and have NEVER had a bad one. I'm also not religious,but the meetings help me.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Human connection is a great thing to have. AA has been a great support for me.
Good job and keep going!
Old 07-29-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)