Notices

This is torture

Old 07-05-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

i am convinced that July FIFTH is my new favoritist day of the year! so glad all that nonsense is OVER.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I understand. I think I'm in the same boat. The association of a good drunken episode and these holidays are inextricably linked for me. I am told that will change eventually, but hasn't yet. I wouldn't go back, and yes I agree that the sober is life infinitely better, but it is different. I've said before, sobriety for me is not simply the same life without the booze, its a different life altogether.
yeah, I don't want to go to them and just socially drink. Like you said, these holidays have deep associations. Even the thought of gearing up for it was annoying and then sitting there in the park and at our friends' house for the BBQ and backyard display felt long and I was yawning. I've been sober a year. I don't think it will change that much because I wasn't pining to drink or overly thinking about it. I just think I have an impatient personality and by not having alcohol to pass the day with, it seemed very long. I think the food thing is a problem, too. It's all a bunch of "can't do" in my mind.