Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 06-28-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi all!! On day 5 here. I've been in February and screwing up, and I feel a need for some fresh perspective along with Feb. Plus, I hit a new point of determination (I hope). Day 5 after drinking 3 nights a eeek for a few weeks feels like hell. I'm actually not home, I'm in another State taking a break in nature. Best thing I've done for a while since I've gained a ton of perspective on this. Today I feel like I've been beaten up.

I recognize some faces (names in here). I went by a different handle before but Blackbird, Casey, Cute, we've been in the same classes before.

Thanks and good luck. I can't do this to myself anymore.

Viper
Old 06-28-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Optimist4ever57 - with you on Day 10.
I hope you are feeling alright after all those unpleasant events - hope your nose will be ok.
I enjoy a lot of classic tv programmes and movies, on dvd and on "yoochoob". I admire the acting, the clever writing, the visual pleasure of clothes and furnishings of the 1940s - 1970s.
Don Knotts was so gifted! "Barney Fife and the Preamble to the Constitution" is hilarious

Behappy1 and Viperidae - welcome; wishing you brighter days ahead.

Take gentle care, everybody
Old 06-28-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you joined, Viper. I'm not really a member of this class. More like a cheerleader. (Albeit a middle-aged, bearded, out-of-shape, male cheerleader.) But it's a great group here and the more support, the better! Congrats on getting back on the right track and on day 5.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Stick close and post often!
Old 06-28-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Day 11 for me, feel less anxious but very tired. From past experience this is when it gets dangerous for me as my av starts telling me "see you can quit for a bit, now go out but only have a couple." It never works, so I am going to stay close to sober recovery. Good luck to everyone whatever stage your at. Looking forward to a sober July.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Phew! I've been locked of
SR all day. I'm just making sure that it doesn't log me out again before I post....

It's great to see everyone here. Day 13 today for me, I'm hoping that wen I get back from my trip I'll have three sober weeks behind me!

Stay strong everyone!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Viper
glad whatever it was got sorted out Beedebea

D
Old 06-28-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hi everyone..
A very lonely newbie on Day 9 here.
Starting drinking heavily a few years ago when when my partner had a catastrophic spinal stroke and I had to become his carer. I am 36 and we had only been together 6 months but felt I couldn't walk away. Drink was my friend...or so it said. It has nearly drove me to suicide many times. NOT ANYMORE. I am taking my life back .Jack Daniels and me are through. Good luck and lots of love and hugs from me in the UK. We got this. X
Old 06-28-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm really getting hit with the unreal tiredness. I can't do anything. I'm supposed to leave from where I am now to my friend's cabin tomorrow, but I can't sleep all night and all day there. Not sure what to do.

V
Old 06-28-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hello, Classmates and welcome Viper & Pebbles! And thanks, Casey for lending your strength and cheer
Still holding on here, 3 weeks plus some days. It's getting a little easier! The new habits are starting to kick in, and the AV ambushes are diminishing in both frequency and duration. I keep myself busy and go for large chunks of the day without that panicky "what will I do tonight without alcohol?" feeling. I'm staying on guard though - with a 4 day weekend coming up I need to be focused. Being somewhat anal, I'm keeping a combination journal / day planner to make sure I've got non-alcoholic activities, projects and meals planned for every day. It sounds silly but it's proving to be a help because it forces me into new patterns, since the old ruts in the road lead straight to the ABC store.
Stay in touch, everyone, and keep posting no matter what!
Old 06-28-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, Pebbles666, and congrats on choosing a better way of life in recovery. You've picked a great class to join. Hope you'll become an active participant here!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

New to this and need help

Hi,
Today is Day 1. I am a mama of two beautiful kids. My mo is after all chores have been done and kids have come from school I hit the bottle. Been drinking half a liter of vodka every night for the past two years. My husband and family are fed up. Life without alcohol scares me to death but continuing on this path is even scarier. I need help
Old 06-28-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Whats up, guys? Newb here. What a great forum and awesome support system. Looking forward to being a part of it. Day 7 here. Ive tried to quit many times but always end up saying, "Whats the big deal? Have a drink, you're a grown man." In actuality Ive realized that emotionally I am not a grown man and I'd like to change that. Alcohol has affected my spiritual walk, and my emotions, attitudes, values, and relationships. All that misery didn't make me quit. Recently the physical pain caused by hangovers and withdrawls got to be too much. Everytime I binged, I would suffer withdrawl (What I thought were just hangovers) longer and more debilitating. Feel better, drink again. Tired. Tired of being sick and tired and not living the life God gave me to the fullest.

Again, glad to be here and thank you all for your stories. What a blessing!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

welcome to all the new folks that just joined! You are all so welcome here and wanted, and NOT ALONE!! We're in this together and no matter how low you are feeling just know that you are not alone.

For Netflix reccos, I got hooked on Bloodline. It is definitely more of a drama and not a comedy, but it was good and it kept me distracted from my past favorite pastime of secretly drinking in my bathroom and then trying to appear "normal" in front of my fiancé. Ugh! Also, Stranger Things is great, and I LOVED Narcos. I'm not a big drug kingpin show kind of gal, but that show was so good, keeps you engaged, the acting and writing is amazing and I highly recommend it.
For funny, I recently started watching old Cheers episodes again. It has been years since I watched and some of them are so dang funny!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 06-28-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR and the Junebugs, DesperateMama2 and offthemast!
Old 06-28-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Narcos is fantastic. Bloodline is a heck of nail biter. Great acting in that show. The guy that plays Danny won an Emmy for that role I think. Soooo sleazy.

OFFTHMAST! Welcome. Keep posting. Drinking takes you way off your spiritual path no matter what type of path that is. You get connected to something much deeper when sober. I just feel a force there that I can connect with and is kind and powerful.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Earlier this week, I binge watched and really enjoyed the new Netflix dramedy GLOW about 1980s ladies professional wrestling. Very funny but also pretty moving. I'm not a wrestling fan at all so don't let that aspect turn you off before giving it a try.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Not sure if my first post went thru

Hi,
Today is Day 1. I am a mama of two beautiful kids. My mo is after all chores have been done and kids have come from school I hit the bottle. Been drinking half a liter of vodka every night for the past two years. My husband and family are fed up. Life without alcohol scares me to death but continuing on this path is even scarier. I need help
Old 06-28-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mama

D
Old 06-28-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesperateMama2 View Post
Hi,
Hi Mama,
It's my day one too. Let's do this together!
Old 06-28-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesperateMama2 View Post
Hi,
Welcome Dmama, you have taken a really great first step. You are not alone! Look around here and post as often as you need to. This is such a supportive forum. Congratulations on reaching out and day 1!

I know that contemplating life without alcohol seems scary, I was there too, but is it making you happy? I didn't even know why I was drinking in the end. It may not be the easiest thing to do at first but you and your family are worth it. You can do this!