Notices

Coming down

Old 06-06-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coming down

So I'm just now coming down off a ten day vodka bender. I am feeling like crap and wish I could just crawl into my bed and stay there forever but I can't. My anxiety is through the roof. I am hungover but also know the next few days aren't going to be fun. Restlesness and anxiety 😭 Any tips? I need to get my life back from this evil poison
Old 06-06-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

1. Don't do it again?
2. If you can't 'Not Do It Again' ...
3. Work a program that will get you to a place inside where you can, 'Not Do It Again'
4. Or ... Continue the current behavior, and patterns of thoughts and beliefs that perpetuate it.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If I can give you two pieces of advice that have always proven to help me, they are:

1. Get up, shower, brush your teeth, brush your hair and get dressed.
2. Change your environment - get outside the house, even for a 2 minute walk around the block.

I know that this is the last thing you feel like doing, and it feels impossible when all you want to do is curl up and sleep and not have to face reality, but trust me freshening up and getting out always, always, always helps to at least make the first steps into battling through the anxiety and come down.

Hope you feel better.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Most of simply found the misery of continuing to drink outpaced the life we hoped to live - we made a decision to change and became willing to do whatever it took to get sober.

Daily in different ways we support that decision by taking sober action. Nothing special its there for anyone. Frankly, from this side it's really pretty simple and amazing how quickly alcohol becomes but a distant memory.

You don't have to drink and can change. Are you willing? That's the key - it can't be wished away.

Welcome
Old 06-06-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Rolling in the muck is not the best way to get clean"

Thanks Fly N Buy - I needed that
Old 06-06-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Tglanon View Post
I need to get my life back from this evil poison
Alcohol never stole anything from me. I gave it away.

One day I decided to stop doing that.

Welcome to the fight of your life.

You can do this.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sometimes it's as simple as drinking some water and going for a walk.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm on day 6 of recovering from a 6 day bender, which hit after 6 months of sobriety.

I'm still feeling the effects, but each day is closer to normal. Probably 90% there.

Shower and a little movement is great advice. Sports drinks help more than water in replacing electrolytes. Some vitamin b. Food as your body will take it, even if you don't feel like eating. Mainly it's trying not to dwell on it (read, watch a favorite movie, whatever gets your brain away from that place where you keep asking yourself why did I do this - it's done and can't be changed now, can only change what you do next). Prayer was very helpful for me.

Mainly, don't give in to the short term solution, which is more booze, and give it time. The other things I mentioned help with the immediate aftermath, but time is the only thing that really fixes it. And as they say, time takes time.....

Last edited by BartShelbyGT; 06-06-2017 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-06-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

It's encouraging to see you've started posting here and asking questions. Keep coming back and posting your progress. Use SR to help your focus on this change in your life. Like fly-n-buy said it is amazing how quickly alcohol becomes a distant memory but we also know that in the moment, it seems a really difficult thing to wrap your head around. Life without drink. Try not to think to far down the road, stay in the moment. take it one day at a time.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi there,
I know the feeling . Vodka binges is where I was at . Your probably feeling shaky and tired . My best advice would be to try eat something starchy, beans on toast for example. Plenty of water. Take a couple of showers and try to sleep as much as you can. Your body needs time to heal when you have been drinking poison. Try to be kind to yourself and get ready to start fighting for your life
Good luck!
Old 06-06-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your body has a nice way of punishing you when you do it wrong. It will take a few a days, but things will get nothing but better being alcohol free