Notices

Water retention after a binge

Old 05-04-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Water retention after a binge

After a one night binge I put on 1.5kg and felt massive and bloated for two days until my weight returned to normal. Has anyone any experience with ascites that comes and goes. Before you tell me to go to a doctor I have made an appointment
Old 05-04-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ascites is a very specific accumulation of fluid in the abdomen. i am speaking from personal experience here as i watched this happen to my mom's body in the final days of her life as she died from liver disease. she didn't just put on a bit of water weight - this was weeks after her last drink, as her liver FAILED and could no longer process the waste in her system......and she became jaundiced, in EXTREME pain and had a belly the size of woman 9.5 months pregnant with triplets.

i'm glad you have a doctor's appointment, but unless you STOP DRINKING, you will continue to fret yourself to death with googled concerns. the solution is to STOP. and stop now.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I definitely noticed abdominal bloating when I was drinking but luckily, it went away after several days of not drinking. Hasn't been an issue since then.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Water weight no, alcohol is a huge diuretic so if anything you'll be very dehydrated.
It will however make you look very bloated as alcohol is a poison that burns and inflames your stomach and intestines making them swell.
Stopping drinking of course will end that.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sobernun i feel the same after a weekend away and drinking Saturday night (gutted) im bloated and my best friend is the loo
Ive also lost my voice
Back on the sober boat its never worth it and from experience the bloat does go down
Hope you are well x

Old 05-09-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would be extremely bloated for 3 to 5 days after serious binges. I also had extreme health anxiety while drinking and thought I was terminal anytime I had the slightest discomfort. Anxiety itself causes physical problems, as I am sure you are aware.

Dehydration also causes bloating for some reason, and binging alcohol makes you severely dehydrated. Frequently for years I would wake up at 330 or 400 in the morning with a mouth full of sandpaper, seriously dehydrated, and then have a super-fat stomach for days afterwards due to bloating.

If you are wondering why dehydration causes bloating, I don't know the answer, but it certainly does. I read something about how our digestive systems need sufficient water to create digestive juices and where there is a lack of water, your digestive system is not doing its job and bloating results.

Anyway, one of the millions of reasons it is better to be sober ! Keep your doctor's appointment and find out what is going on, that way you will be able to take care of yourself. Best wishes