Notices

I dont even know anymore

Old 04-16-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I dont even know anymore

I had 3 months.. THREE MONTHS... all gone...i dont even know anymore....its all gone and where am i....why did i ever think i could do this....let alone on my own rules.....
Old 04-16-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back whatcouldbe. Learn from your mistake, but don't dwell on it. What can you add to your plan so it doesn't happen again?
Old 04-16-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so lost.. i dont know...
Old 04-16-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whatcouldbe,
I tried dozens of times to get sober. Each time I failed I learned from it and then would try again. Don't be to hard on yourself, learn from it, but don't give up.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi WCB-

I'm sorry you're struggling. Try not to beat yourself up over it. Easier said then done, BTDT!

It sucks, I know... but none of us are perfect. Be kind to yourself and don't give up. Get right back at it again. Give it everything you've got and you WILL move past this.

Big hugs!
Old 04-16-2017, 08:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fall Seven Times, Get up Eight!
Chinese Proverb
Old 04-16-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whatcouldbe View Post
I had 3 months.. THREE MONTHS... all gone...i dont even know anymore....its all gone and where am i....why did i ever think i could do this....let alone on my own rules.....
No, no, no, no, no.

I'm not having that. I'm not subscribing to the "it's all gone" rhetoric.

You had three months where you gave your body, liver, mind and relationships some tender loving care. How is that lost? Why is that gone? Do you not think your liver is still eternally grateful? Are you aware how much it would have began to repair over that period?

I know some will think this is dangerous talk - like an advocation to drink now and again or moderate. IT IS NOT.

But what is MORE dangerous (in my opinion) is allowing people like you to believe that those three months were a waste. Because in my mind that is what leads to months of drinking again because people think there is nothing to lose anymore. Their days are 'gone'... Well I say BS!

Why is it that people go for months or years and then take a sip and then drink for months or years again thereafter? Is it simply the physical addiction or as much the feeling that they have spoiled their 'run' now so 'what the hell!'

I think for a lot of people it is as much the latter (your Addictive Voice will tell you so..) as the former because day one again is always the hardest!

Now dust yourself down my friend. You had a bump in the road but - I repeat - your liver still loves you for those three months you gave it.

Back on the wagon soldier!

Strength to you.

Tony
Old 04-16-2017, 10:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What do you say whatcouldbe? You still with us my friend? How about starting day 1? We are here for you.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

think seriously about getting support this time WCB. Not sure what you mean by your own rules, but if it means white-knuckling and trying to push through on will power alone, there are much kinder ways to go about it.

Consider AA, or your doctor or another support group. I found SR was enough for me, but i'm a frequent visitor.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do it.

You've already proved you can get sober - now you need to focus omn staying that way.

Maybe you need to make more changes to your lifestyle, or how you deal with problems or uncomfortable emotions?

Maybe you need to find (and use) more support?

But you absolutely categorically can do this - it's all a matter of finding the willingness to do whatever it takes.

D
Old 04-16-2017, 10:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good job getting 90 days. Now you have proven to yourself that drinking isn't an option. Learn from your slip so it doesn't happen again.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Not so lost you found us brother stick with us we will get you through