Notices

Poof! just like that he is gone...

Old 04-13-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and wishing you strength! SR has been such a huge part of my recovery so far. This really is an amazing group of people here. Strength in numbers!
Old 04-13-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I will be thinking of you, sunshine. Just please don't drink! I know it's hard when you feel upset, but just hang in there. I'm planning on having a sober weekend. Will you do that with me? You are an inspiration to me as well....I have been trying to have a sober weekend for months and maybe even a year or so now. Each weekend, I get a little closer, this will be it! We don't ever want to have that dreaded day 1 again. It's okay to feel your emotions, and it's okay to cry if you need to. I do sometimes, and I know I have to learn how to deal with anger and sadness and disappointment in a healthy way, in order to have sobriety. Just stay strong, do something that you enjoy, and SMILE! We will be here for you.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bronzie View Post
I'm planning on having a sober weekend. Will you do that with me?
Yes, I will do that with you. It will be a sober and sane week-end. Thank you Bronzie.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How did it go last night? Was thinking about you hope you had a great night of kung pao and movies
Old 04-14-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sunshine,
I am also working on my second straight sober month.
Look at the positive- You experienced nine straight days of happiness without drinking alcohol! Now, unfortunately, you have a little sadness to deal with. By staying strong you will get to experience that emotion sober as well. More experiences for your sober life!
Old 04-14-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arcsoul View Post
How did it go last night? Was thinking about you hope you had a great night of kung pao and movies
Hi there, thank you for asking. It went as good as it could I suppose. I was all bummed out but I got through it. Didn't sleep to well, woke up with a head ache and heart ache. But thankfully stone-cold sober. I didn't give in. Then I thought wow, I woke up with this massive headache, just think if I had a hangover too. That would suck. So I have had a very happy day. I'm so proud of myself for not going to my old ways. I'm so excited to get that long term sobriety. I had it before and I will have it again and so will you.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlito61 View Post
Sunshine,
I am also working on my second straight sober month.
Look at the positive- You experienced nine straight days of happiness without drinking alcohol! Now, unfortunately, you have a little sadness to deal with. By staying strong you will get to experience that emotion sober as well. More experiences for your sober life!
Thank you so much I appreciate your support more than you know.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It has seemed like an eternity but my son is finally coming home tonight. He will have a clean happy house a very sober mother. Thanks for all the good vibes.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
...No one is ever home there. Nothing bad to say about his dad other than he just isn't around when our son is there. ....
Do you have a court order against talking to him on the telephone when he is at his dad's house?

Or an order against the texting thing and all the other stuff kids his age do now?
Old 04-18-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
It has seemed like an eternity but my son is finally coming home tonight. He will have a clean happy house a very sober mother. Thanks for all the good vibes.

Sounds very inviting!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
Do you have a court order against talking to him on the telephone when he is at his dad's house?

Or an order against the texting thing and all the other stuff kids his age do now?
No court orders. I maintain communication with him while he is away. I need to chill out.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Support to you SSH, doing well. Addiction sucks.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sunshine, well done on coping with a difficult situation.