Notices

Im Tryin

Old 10-15-2004, 12:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Im Tryin

Im new at all this,Ive never tried to get any kind of help until now. lets see where do I start,well ive been hooked on tabs,hydro whatever for about 6yrs now and im only 23,I started takin them to sub for my coke addiction I know that isnt the best way to qiut coke,but thats what I did.Im getting to the point where I cant function without them,its becoming a very exspensive habit,IM taking about 60 to 80 mg a day.Ive tried so many times to quit ,I go through the withdraws the aches and all that sh** and I always talk myself back into it.Now im takin so many im afraid that I wont wake up the next day. The main reason im on here is to find out where I can get some help,I dont have any insurance and none of my friends or family seem to want to help me,so if you have any info I would appreciate it. (sorry about the sloppy writing )
Old 10-15-2004, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

One of the best places to start may be your Local NA meetings.
You can look in the yellowpages and find their number and location.

What you will find there may be the thing that was missing before...
Support, info, and help that gets us through the times we want to pick up and use.
You stopped before. Stopping with the right help at your side can help you stay clean.

You don't need do it alone. NA has much info and support waiting for you to ask for it.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

do I have to pay for this??I really dont have the money for anything right now ive dug myself in a hole. thanks for the reply,it feels good to know someone is actually listening.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Hi TNriverboy..And of course Soberrecovery(SR) is a very good way too..I've been here for two weeks and it helped me tremendously..Here's a section too of Na and we do meetings every night and on Mo/Wed and friday there is a java jive it's a very nice chat..Before you know it you have some friends here and you know they'll understand you..Becos they have the same problem as you..I hope to read a thread of you again soon... Love from Stefanie