Notices

Flu Medicine in Recovery

Old 04-08-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Flu Medicine in Recovery

Hi guys,

Well, I'm just over 10 months sober and have come down with the flu. This is the first time I've gotten sick with something this bad in recovery save for a terrible kidney infection a few months ago - my first non-alcohol related hospital trip in years! Truth is, I'm actually a bit nervous to take anything for it, but I feel completely miserable. My recovery includes staying away from alcohol in ANY form if it can be avoided (regular Listerine, food cooked in it, kombucha, etc.) I used to abuse NyQuil while detoxing and of course will not touch Robitussin, so I'm wondering if anyone here has any reccomendations of things that are safe to take? For reference, I am in the USA.

Thanks for your help, I'm really excited to not feel like a pile of garbage!
Old 04-08-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Altho people are free to share their general experience, we're not meant to recommend even over the counter stuff by the medical advice rules here alphabet.

If you're not going to see a Dr, maybe your pharmacist can help steer you in the right direction? I'm told many brands. like nyquil. have non alcoholic varieties

Otherwise, careful inspection of the ingredients is recommended - get well soon

D
Old 04-08-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yikes, I'm sorry! Feel free to close the thread, I should have realized this could cross a line.