Notices

Sticky Situation

Old 03-17-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sticky Situation

Today DH told me that one of our ex contractors, who has spent a lot of time in our home, drinking and partying with us, texted him today to see if we want to get together this weekend for lunch. TD (the contractor) being a heavy drinker, Irish, and this being St Patricks Day Weekend = a LOT of drinking! DH told TD that we aren’t drinking, but he would talk to me and we’d get back to him.

Not only do I not want to be among the SPD partiers this weekend, but here’s the jiggy… While TD spent time in our home over the holidays, he continuously made inappropriate comments to me that made me feel uncomfortable in my own home. Granted, everyone was drinking heavily and TD may not even remember the things he said, but I haven’t. DH is aware of TD’s “off” comments too, but he always says, “that’s just TD, he’s a little weird but he’s a good contractor...”. I know DH is going to want to join TD this weekend. If he falls off the wagon, that’s his decision. My plan is to not go. Not only do I not want to be in an environment that I’m not ready to be in right now, but TD will definitely be a trigger for me.

Any thoughts, advise, feedback is appreciated.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That would be a big NO from me, CT...in a general sense for being around partying drinkers and a specific sense in that I would be uneasy about this guy too.

D
Old 03-17-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good decision.

If your DH drinks, at least you will be sober to go pick him up.

Or not.

I wouldn't go anywhere this contractor was, either.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
For Grace

I think a good rule of thumb is if someone makes you uncomfortable, do not choose to spend time with them. I would not open myself up to more abuse from TD. If you're DH pushes the issue just tell him you don't feel well and beg off. You are driving this train, don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
That would be a big NO from me, CT...in a general sense for being around partying drinkers and a specific sense in that I would be uneasy about this guy too.

D
That's what I thought Dee. Thanks for reassuring me in my decision.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Good decision.

If your DH drinks, at least you will be sober to go pick him up.

Or not.

I wouldn't go anywhere this contractor was, either.
If hubby starts drinking again because of TD, he can call UBER! Seriously though, I'm really curious to see how hubby handles this. Like me, he has over 3 weeks of sobriety under his belt and I know he's feeling better. Time will tell
Old 03-17-2017, 08:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chuck39 View Post
I think a good rule of thumb is if someone makes you uncomfortable, do not choose to spend time with them. I would not open myself up to more abuse from TD. If you're DH pushes the issue just tell him you don't feel well and beg off. You are driving this train, don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise!
Got it Chuck, thanks! Before we stopped drinking, I told my husband that I didn't like spending time with TD and I didn't need to continue to invite someone into our home who makes me feel uncomfortable. DH stopped inviting him here, but I know TD is wondering why we aren't spending as much time with him anymore.

Thank you for confirming my judgement is on point.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had a really good home cooked corned beef and cabbage...taters at home. Scanner has already had two requests for medics to detention for blood draws. Good night to stay PUT....Happy St. Patty's Day!