Notices

Alcohol making you a bad person.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My pure experience is that alcohol can make you do things you would never do or behave in ways you would never enact... it doesn't define who you are, it's just a poisonous chemical from this perspective.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I wish I could say something positive.
It sucks but you can be the best person in the world (give you're all to people when you're sober, be the best friend, relative, employee), but being drunk can shatter all that in literally seconds. I hate that a lot.
I'm still trying to deal with that bitter truth.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I've woken up with a plan! #1 don't drink. #2 don't drink. #3 stay busy. #4 exercise more and eat better. #5 I'm going to call my member assistance program through my work and set myself up with a counselor. #6 reach out on here.
Careful. There's only so long you can keep busy before you send yourself nuts. Eventually we don't have any choice other than to sit with ourselves.

Have you read through the info and links on Dee's thread about how to make a plan? Might be worth reading / rereading to get some more ideas for your plan (# not drinking is surely the aim rather than a strategy - could an army win a war with its number 1 strategy and number 2 strategy being 'to win'? )

There are lots of ideas that could be added in to boost your support system and self-awareness. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-plans-1.html

Wishing you all the best for your recovery. BB
Old 02-25-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Weekends can be so beautiful, peaceful and genuinely relaxing and happy - why waste the precious days off being out of your mind and then suffering with hangover?

I hope you take a leap of faith and start waking up each day and commit to "today, no matter what happens, I will not drink."

Fight for your life! You can do it.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. I just wanted to say thanks again to all of you who took the time to reply to me. I had been drinking when I came on here and started writing....a cry for help if you will. I absolutely hate that I drink and how it twists my mind all up. It is the great deceiver that only takes. Straight up poison. I am embarrassed but also glad that I reached out, and I'm grateful for this place and all of you on here. I'm going to get better. I can't go on like this, it's destroying me, there was a lot of pain in my posts and that's no way to live. I deserve better and so do my wonderful boys. There will be work ahead of me and it's more than a little frightening.... dealing with my shame, fear of the future, developing better coping strategies etc.... but I'm up for the task and I have to believe that it is possible for me to finally put down the bottle for good.