Notices

Drunk, confused and feeling pathetic

Old 03-13-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Give it time Unix....let it go. I played that game for years. Spent years together. Got married in a helicopter above Las Vegas....divorced on the ground a few years later. Spent another gazillion years together. Finally split. And let me tell you I had to fight to stay split. I think I figured out that not only can you be addicted to drugs/alcohol ...but WE were addicted to each other. Since the split (been a few years back) I am now FREE to work on myself. Sometimes it is hard. Other times I love it. Once again...give it time!! Wishing you the best. AND give up the alcohol. It is a MAJOR depressant. I am not nearly as sad as I thought I was!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

support offered.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks. You know MsCooterBrown that's almost exactly what's been going on in my mind with the relationship. I got split once, but then invited her to visit and she would just cry like she can't live without me and we continued from there.

I know it is wise to give it time and think with reason, but all the while this is taking place some other things tend to happen. Thanks for the replies and support, much appreciated.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Alright! The drink's out and today marks a day 1 sober here. Only time will tell, along with sobriety what the best course of action will be, regarding the relationship. Thanks again SR for the support.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes and congrats on day one Unix

D
Old 03-14-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Way to go UNIX!! I'm on day 5. We can do this together!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Let's do it UNIX!!!!! The time is now.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

You can do this UnixBer . . . onwards!!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:33 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I got split with my engaged one, and got together for a few days and now I got split again. This time I'll keep it this way.

Sorry to tell but I ended up drinking again... Have one stack (24x) beer to do for today and after that I am done. Just happy about getting the relationship out of the way of sobriety. It was not a healthy one. So thanks again!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Do you think you will feel differently about stopping drinking once that beer is gone? You might feel a bit worse after you have drank it, but any nearer in wanting to quit?
There are always stacks of beer waiting, whether you have bought them yet or not.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by UnixBer View Post
and after that I am done.
Those are the famous last words UnixBer. We've all been there and we've all repeated those words as many times as you have. What are you going to do this time to support being done?
Old 03-22-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I understand your concern and know what you mean. To support being done, I have resolution and peace to be free of the relationship. And yes there are always stacks of beer waiting the shops, this is so true.

I feel like I can do this.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I guess I'm really drawn to sober poetry while I'm here, although I was never much of a poet myself. Here is one spontaneous:

The dark night shall appear,
once again to remind us
of the body
of alcohol

where ever did we go so wrong
to have struggled this long
to be free of this fallacy

... well I can't get any continues for that but anyway.

There is much to do sober.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If you truly want to get sober you'll ditch the case and start now Unix. All the "starting tomorrow" talk is just BS and you know it. You are right that there is a lot to do sober....are you ready to do it?
Old 03-22-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Yes. And there are only 7 left, 6 in case, 1 in hand. I'll post an update in the morning or such.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UnixBer View Post
Sorry to tell but I ended up drinking again... Have one stack (24x) beer to do for today and after that I am done. Just happy about getting the relationship out of the way of sobriety. It was not a healthy one.
Getting the relationship out of the way of sobriety? With a fresh case of beer?

Not a healthy relationship for whom, UnixBer?

For you, or for your addiction?

Usually, the way these things tend to work, is that we get relationships out of the way of drinking some more, so that we can then function as alcoholics, without all the nagging.

Careful who you push away.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

please read a few times what algorithm typed.
its very easy to rationalize there always being something in the way of sobriety- always something to blame for drinking.

and that's all it is- rationalizing and blaming.
sobriety comes by taking personal responsibility for recovery.
I could very well have went on a rip snortin bender to end all benders when I was diagnosed with cancer, but I chose to stay sober.
I could have went on a rip snortin bender to end all benders when a very good friend committed suicide, but I chose to stay sober.
I could have went on a rip snortin bender to end all benders when I ended a relationship, but I chose to stay sober.
I could have went on a rip snortin bender to end all benders when my mother died- who had lived with me and I was her caregiver for 11 years- but I chose to stay sober.

theres no drink worthy events- only excuses.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Unix,

Working your way through a 24 pack of beer is not going to help you feel any better in terms of starting out in sobriety. I really hope you decide to dump what you have left, drink some water and get some rest.

I hope you do check in tomorrow for day one.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Alright. It's a day 1 and I'm liking sobriety already. I decided to drink everything last night not to leave anything for this day, because it usually leads to more drinking in my case.

The relationship issue is clear to me. It had to end. Keep on... I'll be following your tracks from now on.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Sorry folks but I brewed some homemade wine. Been drinking it for a couple of days, before that I bought more beer from the local store. I'm a little ashamed but it is the truth.