Notices

Back in day one

Old 02-21-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
nmd

Hi sweetichick, hopefully you got some sleep. 4 bottles of wine *a lot* I also gather from your older posts you have ulcers and shouldn't be drinking at all. I think it's really time to step up the plans for not drinking *no matter what*. It's scary, and sometimes we feel like we will lose friends. The truth is, you probably will to some extent, but you will lose friends drinking, not to mention your health and everything else.

I went through a lot health wise. I vomited blood from an eroded esophagus. I was diagnosed with fatty liver. I had more than my share of blackouts, brutal hangovers, the whole deal. Don't rely on your bad news health wise and pain to motivate you, it won't. I know I drank through a lot of things logically i shouldn't have I had to figure out what was leading me to drink and avoid it, have a plan if I couldn't avoid things. (There's very few things you cant avoid truthfully) Get through day 1. You may feel like "I can't avoid people forever", but take baby steps. "Friends" who are demanding or go no contact for no reason i wouldn't worry about.

Hoping today is a bit better
Old 02-21-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey nmd I'm in Australia so it's only 10pm here. Just trying to settle down for the night now. Thanks for your post I have heard of people vomiting blood. Sounds really scary. Glad you are sober now. Four bottles a night was just plain stupid and I can't afford it. It would have killed me soon I believe
Old 02-21-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better. many prayers Sweetichick
Old 02-21-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's day 2 and I managed 4 hours sleep. I'm feeling a bit better. It's only 530am and already wondering how I will manage a whole day sober. Plenty to do just don't feel up to doing much. I f I contact my friends I know it won't go well and I will end up drinking over it.Shakes still pretty bad. Maybe AA this morning if I really can't wait till tonight. Never had cravings during the night before.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and do something today sweetichick - a meeting in the morning sounds pretty good

D
Old 02-21-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad you came back to talk about what happened. We're in it together, Sweetichick - and you're never, ever alone. It's good that you're feeling better. The first few days are rough, but you're on your way to getting free. You never have to go back to that misery.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It's sad to say but I seem to have lost my friend who wanted me to be a carer while she was away. The friend she wanted me to care for was put in emergency accommodation. I guess she has to blame someone. She is back from her trip and I sent a message but no reply. I am literally white knuckling it till the pub shuts in half an hour. Ulcers are playing up but avoiding Panadol as a quick fix. Can't seem to sleep.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Pub is now shut. Made it through another day of sobriety. I'm now totally alone again except for my ex and have no idea how I will fill the day tomorrow. Still feel like crap eventhough it's been a few days now. It's much easier just seeing alcohol as not an option instead of entertaining thoughts that one drink will help. That's what is working for me.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
nmd

Good job getting through the day.

We all have some time of day that is hardest in early sobriety I think. It was 5-8pm for me. Home from work, hungry and still wound up from the day. That passes with time, but it's good to have distractions and plans in place to deal with the cravings. That can anything and simple really, a snack, a game, a new hobby, go for a walk, callsomeone etc. Make plans your free time. Get through the discomfort until it passes.

Glad you are sticking it out!