Notices

Irritability and tantrums please help

Old 02-13-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Irritability and tantrums please help

Lately I have been irritable I have been waking up in the middle of the night throwing tantrums I used to take Valium but now I do not. I don't crave anything but a peace of mind thank you so much for listening
Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I take natural herbs because I get "worked up" and frustrated sometimes. I drink calming teas, too. The calm tabs are great at night so I can wind down and stop all the noise in my head.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love herbal teas, especially apple/spice. Lavender is a scent that is calming and relaxing. As you get used to life without valium, you will probably find that the negative emotions diminish.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have found that having a nighttime routine has helped me immensely (yes just like you do for a baby lol)

I have programed my Fitbit to give me a reminder when it is almost time for bed at which point I put on my pajamas, get on my favorite comfy spot on the couch, I turn off the T.V put the cellphone away and start to wind down. I drink "sleepy tea", read, and kick back. It is the time of my day that is just me time.

Then at a specific time my Fitbit tells me it is time for bed. I have found that I have the tendency to lose track of time when I am reading a good book and easily could start reading through the night. I have made a point of making my bed exactly how I like it- I got the type of mattress that I find most comfortable, I sprung for good quality sheets and comforter, I have a couple pillows that I have around me. I do not keep my phone with me, I do not sleep with the T.V on, I have one of those machines that play relaxing sounds.

In the morning my Fitbit vibrates and wakes me up. What I like about it waking me up is that it continues to vibrate until you actually get up( I was the worst habitual snooze presser) and start to walk. I also like that it doesn't make me jump from being a loud crazy noise. Oh and I used to set like 5 alarms so I could wake up but be able to go back to sleep for a little and so on. Just taking that out of my morning actually made a huge difference on how my day goes.

Now I am sure that you think I am a nut that needs a thing to tell me when it is time to do everything, but I am a procrastinator. If I do not have a reminder I end up reading all night or suddenly be shocked at what time it is when I would be on the phone with family. I know it might be frustrating, but you will find a routine for yourself too. I also used to wake up numerous times during the night before I found out that I was bipolar and found the proper medications but that is a whole other story. There might be some sleep aids over the counter or prescribed by a doctor if you wanted to go that route.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

just dont throw tantrums while driving or at work

got me into all kinds of trouble

what i learned in anger management classes

its impossible to be out of control with adrenalized rage/ anger and take a deep breath at the same time

a deep breath shuts that **** off like a switch

Last edited by Dee74; 02-13-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
I take natural herbs because I get "worked up" and frustrated sometimes. I drink calming teas, too. The calm tabs are great at night so I can wind down and stop all the noise in my head.
Thanks I will get some tea. I also have an antidepressant called Buspar to help in case of an emergency. Tea and good friends sounds so good. 😊
Old 02-13-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post
I have found that having a nighttime routine has helped me immensely (yes just like you do for a baby lol)

I have programed my Fitbit to give me a reminder when it is almost time for bed at which point I put on my pajamas, get on my favorite comfy spot on the couch, I turn off the T.V put the cellphone away and start to wind down. I drink "sleepy tea", read, and kick back. It is the time of my day that is just me time.

Then at a specific time my Fitbit tells me it is time for bed. I have found that I have the tendency to lose track of time when I am reading a good book and easily could start reading through the night. I have made a point of making my bed exactly how I like it- I got the type of mattress that I find most comfortable, I sprung for good quality sheets and comforter, I have a couple pillows that I have around me. I do not keep my phone with me, I do not sleep with the T.V on, I have one of those machines that play relaxing sounds.

In the morning my Fitbit vibrates and wakes me up. What I like about it waking me up is that it continues to vibrate until you actually get up( I was the worst habitual snooze presser) and start to walk. I also like that it doesn't make me jump from being a loud crazy noise. Oh and I used to set like 5 alarms so I could wake up but be able to go back to sleep for a little and so on. Just taking that out of my morning actually made a huge difference on how my day goes.

Now I am sure that you think I am a nut that needs a thing to tell me when it is time to do everything, but I am a procrastinator. If I do not have a reminder I end up reading all night or suddenly be shocked at what time it is when I would be on the phone with family. I know it might be frustrating, but you will find a routine for yourself too. I also used to wake up numerous times during the night before I found out that I was bipolar and found the proper medications but that is a whole other story. There might be some sleep aids over the counter or prescribed by a doctor if you wanted to go that route.
LOL no it sounds like you have a comfortable routine going for yourself. Thank you