Notices

Looking Up

Old 02-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking Up

Looking UP. Hey, that sounds like a good title to a new song!

So, this is how it seems to work with me. When I look up, 'things' start to look up for me. I've really been trying to put this into practice in all aspects of my life: home life, work/professios, social, spiritual, personal goals, fitness. It can touch everything we do.

But, sometimes, it's hard to look up. Especially if one is truly depressed. Been there....But looking up and looking out and looking "at" help take our mind off our depression and emotional pain and transport us to a better place. I mean, sure it helps to have pleasant surroundings....THAT is a HUGE BLESSING. I can say I am blessed right now. Haven't always felt that way.....but I feel blessed right now. Doesn't mean my life is a cake walk by any means as it's not...but my perspective has changed to one that is "looking up" and thus life feels like it's "looking up"....even in this weather we're having around herer that gets people grumpy....it still feel like things are looking up. k

I remember performing at at festivals and other venues and you know, being on stage can be intimidating; even frightening and sometimes we don't know how our song will be received by the audience. We want to sing our best and "make it good"...but sometimes when I am up there in the middle of a song I'm wondering how I'm going to get through it and also make it good...so ... I look up...I don't know why...but I look up and for some reason that helps me power through the song and bring something special out of it...pull it off.................................it's like I am tapping into something there....

I need to continue to look up more, I really do.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA Member

great reminder thanks