Notices

Im new here

Old 02-02-2017, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im new here

So, ya, it has come to this....I decided that it's time for me to make a change. I lost my daddy 2 years ago and I was a mess. I drank everyday. Now, I just drink 1-3x a week but I don't stop and I also make HORRIBLE decisions. I need to stop all together. I keep hearing God telling me to give it up but I ignore it. Well, now I am listening. I need to feel better and I need to get my life together. So much happened last year too that put me in a downward spiral. I am just tired of it. I want to be right with God again.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Butterfly,
I think you will really like it here .SR has helped me stay sober when nothing else did. You will find so much support here. Read everything you can the knowledge will help you. Nice to have you here my friend.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!

When we drink, sadness & loss just get buried deep inside us. It doesn't help, but it's an attempt to feel ok.

I'm proud of you for posting. You can do this. That voice you are hearing that says it's time to change...it is an important message.

Change feels wonderful. Hope feels wonderful.

You can become the butterfly...
Old 02-02-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ps. I lost my mom two years ago. My grief sent me straight into a relapse (I had been sober for a bit).

I still miss her.

It helped me a lot to think about what she would have wanted for me - joy, purpose. She definitely wouldn't have wanted me to express my grief at her death by giving up & drinking into oblivion. That was not her wish for me.

My mom was an alcoholic (and also an amazing woman). She would be very proud of the changes I've made in my life...
Old 02-02-2017, 10:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome butterfly. I'm sorry for the loss of your dad.

We're here to offer you support -- you can do this, and you won't regret it.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I wish I would have heard God talking to me. I had to ask Him one horrible morning after drinking three days straight with no food.
So I wrote it down- 'God please help me'.
Call AA was the answer, and for once I had a moment of clarity in my self absorbed, hedonistic and finally dangerous to myself behavior.
I made the call. I was sent an Angel. He knew where I was coming from. He had been there.
He helped me. Offered to take me to a meeting asking nothing in return.
I absolutely had to go by myself because I was the one who got myself into this nightmare of a life and my bullheadedness wanted me to get myself out.

I did go to a meeting, after several failed attempts, and found a room full of people just like me, in no way similar other than a desire to stop drinking.
I went to a meeting with my new friend and found more people, lots more, doing and living with that same desire.
Soon enough, I found a new way of living. I would drink again, but it wasn't the same. A seed had been planted in my thick skull- I didn't have to drink. No matter what.
That was six years ago. I've watched friends die of drink. I've lost sober friends and family. But I knew there was nothing that could happen that a drink would make better.
Coming here helps me every day. Especially the New Comers to remind me what it's like 'out there'.
The good news is, you never have to drink again.
Listen to your conception of God and heed his voice. I wish you the best and keep coming back.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 02-03-2017, 02:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Sorry to hear of your loss. SR is a great place for support.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm also sorry for your loss, but its good to have you join us Godsbutterfly

D