Notices

Day 3. Anger issues

Old 01-18-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3. Anger issues

I'm never an angry person, even when drinking.

Today my roommate came home and turned the oven on to cook after I had a very laborious day at work. I asked if I can share the oven, and he said no, he's using the whole thing for more than an hour.

I threw my printer at the window, punched a hole in the wall and losing my ****. Breaking everything.

I have another long day in the cold and snow on ladders tomorrow...

Someone help. I've never acted this way before...
Old 01-18-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh, this is quite common in the early days. I think you will find your emotions all over the place and anger surges at times. The main thing is to try to get through it and know that each day will get a bit easier.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am feeling the exact same way. I hate every one and everything. I'm on day 3 too. I can't offer advice except to promise you that I will stick with this even though I feel like a giant sack of **** and tell you that I hope you will too.
What is your favourite horrible for you food? I am running the roster this week with pizza, ice cream, tonight it's pie. I know I'll have to address the food stuff but for this week it's enough I'm not drinking.
Hugs!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ohme View Post
I am feeling the exact same way. I hate every one and everything. I'm on day 3 too. I can't offer advice except to promise you that I will stick with this even though I feel like a giant sack of **** and tell you that I hope you will too.
What is your favourite horrible for you food? I am running the roster this week with pizza, ice cream, tonight it's pie. I know I'll have to address the food stuff but for this week it's enough I'm not drinking.
Hugs!
AAAAAHH!!

I wish I could eat my food. This guy isn't an alcoholic, and we're good friends. I feel bad now.. and apologized. He has no clue what is going on. I just want to move out.

I got ice cream, chocolate, sodas, lasagna (I want NOW).

Things were fine until evening, as always.

Ohh.. I have MJ. That should help. It helped to cuss and yell out of my broken window at strangers too.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

mj prolly aint a good idea.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
mj prolly aint a good idea.
Relaxes me, and reduces stress for me. Was critical in my first endeavor to quit for sleep. I am 100% against prescription medications. I have no issues with the mj. When I'm out, it's not even a thought to get more unless I feel like it. The weed stores are closed now anyhoo...
Old 01-18-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's very common - things will settle down emotion wise.

I don't recommend MJ either.

If you smoke it now you're just trying to moderate your emotions /escape/give a middle finger to the world- and isn' t that the way we drank?

cross addiction is a very real danger. Using one self medicating drug to get off another is very often a fools errand.

Try and keep things in perspective - you can use the oven in an hour...you could go for a walk or drive...you could even order takeout instead?

Writing a gratitude list can be helpful for annoyance like this too.

D
Old 01-18-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi SS, I get it. I had the same thing. It was awful. I yelled at everyone in my family one day and I flipped out around the first couple of weeks. To be honest I am over month in just barely and I had a meltdown today. Although I did say that I was going to the other side of the house and that people should leave me alone for a bit until I calmed down. This is the roughest part because your body is completely off kilter. You can get through this.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's very common - things will settle down emotion wise.

I don't recommend MJ either.

If you smoke it now you're just trying to moderate your emotions /escape/give a middle finger to the world- and isn' t that the way we drank?

cross addiction is a very real danger. Using one self medicating drug to get off another is very often a fools errand.

Try and keep things in perspective - you can use the oven in an hour...you could go for a walk or drive...you could even order takeout instead?

Writing a gratitude list can be helpful for annoyance like this too.

D
No worries bro. I'm good.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats what I said too.

You've already gone through a lot to get off one drug.

It would really blow if you got one hand free of the shackles and then just left the hand chained.

If you make good choices now you could free of everything.

i went the other way from pot to beer...but I used both in exactly the same way and they both destroyed my life.

We don't have a marijuana sub forum here for nothing,
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ana-addiction/
D
Old 01-18-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

That's what untreated alcoholism is like. God help anyone who gets in the way of us getting our own way. Constant conflict, both internal (resentment) and external (tantrum?) will be our companion until we can change our reaction to life.

Dope doesn't change anything. Like many other chemical remedies, it may suppress it for a while, it may postpone the discomfort, but it will all be there waiting for us when we try and straighten out.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Everyone reacts differently to it. I just eat a gummy from the store and sleep like a baby. I'm calm and leveled out. I should have ate one before coming home. This strain motivates me and gets me going. I also have some for sleep.

Oh. Also, in no way am I recommending this method.

I also know people who go to doctors for LSD/psychedelic treatment for alcohol addiction. I am not going that far.

Anyway... I'm diverging from the conversation. Just saying it's good for my mental health at the moment and keeps me from drinking. Sure as heck better than coffee or cigarettes.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh.. Day 4 already?

Excited to work today!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hmm. I get what tomsteve and Dee are saying about MJ, because it's maintaining the template of getting high/getting mellow/mood management, just with a different substance.

If someone were to run out of MJ, there would normally be a good chance that they would go back to drinking as an easy and available substitute.

But now we are entering new territory where MJ is legal in some states, so someone would only run out for budgetary reasons (or forgetfulness) rather than legal ones or lack of supply. Hmm.

However, some people do get themselves into trouble with MJ alone, where their lives constrict and they become hermits, lose jobs, become suicidally depressed, etc.

Anyway, on the topic of early sobriety rages, I know what you mean from personal experience. There's a rebound effect involving glutamate in the brain that makes us hyperreactive. It rebalances eventually. I have no idea whether MJ helps or hinders that rebalancing.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
Hmm. I get what tomsteve and Dee are saying about MJ, because it's maintaining the template of getting high/getting mellow/mood management, just with a different substance.

If someone were to run out of MJ, there would normally be a good chance that they would go back to drinking as an easy and available substitute.

But now we are entering new territory where MJ is legal in some states, so someone would only run out for budgetary reasons (or forgetfulness) rather than legal ones or lack of supply. Hmm.

However, some people do get themselves into trouble with MJ alone, where their lives constrict and they become hermits, lose jobs, become suicidally depressed, etc.

Anyway, on the topic of early sobriety rages, I know what you mean from personal experience. There's a rebound effect involving glutamate in the brain that makes us hyperreactive. It rebalances eventually. I have no idea whether MJ helps or hinders that rebalancing.
It totally depends on the person and strain of MJ. Maybe topical CBD oil would be better as it curbs cravings and reduces anxiety without the buzz. I never use THC during the day.

I also eat healthier with it as I start craving salads and fruits more. Basically, I get more introspective and write things down that are more productive than when I'm just sitting there. Makes me want to clean the house, and be productive. Generally, it makes me want to get myself together, go for a walk, and value life more... Maybe I'm a weirdo.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're gonna do what you want sobersolstice - hope it works out for you the way you plan.

Please lets not forget this is a recovery website though.

It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
Dee
SR
Old 01-20-2017, 01:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You're gonna do what you want sobersolstice - hope it works out for you the way you plan.

Please lets not forget this is a recovery website though.

Dee
SR
Not promoting the use of marijuana. Just stating my personal experience.