Notices

Checking in after absence

Old 01-12-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in after absence

Hi friends ,

I'm happy to say I am still sober since my last relapse .

Sadly my brother passed away on 29th Dec so this has been a difficult time ,however I had no desire to drink .

Health wise I am picking up slowly , my gut being the area to suffer following my last binge .

I started my new job on 4th Jan so that also has been a stressor but i,m settling into it not too bad .

Good news with my wife 7 years after her life threatening illness her oncologist doesn't want to see her for 2 years now so that boosted my rather flat mood considerably .Her mood is nearly always good and I keep asking her secret and she just tells me to be positive as much as possible and God will work it all out , I have a gem of a wife .

Thank you all for your kindness .
Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, Thomas. Been thinking about you.
Very sorry for your loss.
Very happy about your wife.
Peace.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

wow thomas youre a strong man

i could learn something from you

Old 01-12-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice seeing you again Thomas59. Very sorry to hear about your loss. Your wife does sound like a gem, and congratulations on remaining sober after your last slip.

ps. I agree with you on those gut issues, they are a killer!
Old 01-12-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother. Your wife's good health news is fantastic and I hope you catch some of her optimism. I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering

Very sorry about your brother. Very happy to hear of your wife's good news and your sobriety through emotional times.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Thomas
I'm so sorry about your brother. But that's great news about your wife. And ya know, she's absolutely right. Its very hard to feel resentment/irritation when feeling grateful/happy.

Glad you popped in.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to have you back, Thomas. I'm sorry for the painful loss of your brother - prayers for you & your family.

Proud of you for staying sober through the bad days. Thanks for sharing the news about your wife - I love her attitude.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your loss Thomas. It's good to see you back with us though - and great news about your wife

D
Old 01-12-2017, 08:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry about your brother. Tough times, glad you are hanging in there. Your wife sounds lovely, wonderful news about her remission. Thanks for your post.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your kind words . You know ! Ive learned something valuable through all of this and that is that we are much much stronger than we think , its like something kicks in from somewhere .
On top of the passing of my brother my oldest son ended up in jail ,lost his job ,car partner and maybe his house all through alcohol . We are the ones left with the train wreck left behind by having to sort out his affairs with housing people and loads of financial stuff . so yes this has been the most difficult spell I can remember . I believe almost anything can be managed so long as you don't pick up the bottle .

The guilt still bothers me like I passed my alcoholism to him , while clearing his house I found empties everywhere just as I have done after my insane sessions in the past . i am so heart broken for him as i know what he's feeling , the regret ,shame , remorse ,anger ,self loathing the whole works .
I pray for peace for him .

Thanks