Notices

I'm almost too embarrassed to post... Yet again

Old 01-12-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My mother and father left me with my grandparents when I was a baby. My mother moved away and I didn't meet my father until I was 8.

Abandonment issues are hard to deal with. Maybe you could find a good therapist to help you work through that? I know you need help right now but please start somewhere.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
K66
Sober Date March 19, 2018 *One Day At A Time*

Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
K66. Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you are ready. And that's a very good thing in my opinion. The best thing I ever did was to share on here like you are doing and then attend a local AA meeting. It's just a suggestion. You can go online and search AA meetings in my area and go for there. I was welcomed with open arms when I walked in. I did look like I needed help. I was desperate and sick. And I'm getting well again. Sober 9 months. I couldn't stay sober more than 3 months at a time on my attempts before actually going to meetings. Good luck and please keep sharing...... 😃
I'm lucky I I can go a day... 3 months sounds like a dream let alone 9... Good job! I'm proud and envious of you 😋
Old 01-12-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time. There are 24 your posts here...That main purpose is to keep you sober just 24 more hours....I like them. I have days I still struggle but I feel I've gotten through the worst...And going through that uncomfortable passing in the beginning is the best thing I've ever done. I can't explain to you in words how serious I am. I was in an outpatient rehabilitation during my sobering up. I needed it. I was afraid for people to know the extent of my abuse to myself. But once I shared the truth with another ( the drs ) knew how to help me and it helped. I didn't have to lie anymore, what a relief...It was better than the alternative for me. You are worth it no matter how far you have fallen.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ohhh. Also the interactive word games on Sober Recovery are a good way to pass time and not drink. It got me through one minute at a time. Still does. Whenever I know I need help I have the tools. Even as silly as playing a word game. This community is amazing.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by K66 View Post
Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I thought rehab was an option you were considering. What happened?
Too afraid... It's 35 days... No cellphone access and only 2.5 hours for visitation once a week... I don't think I could handle that...
Are other rehabs an option? not all of them will be so stringent.

Your call ultimately tho - like I said - you get out what you put in...if rehabs out whats the plan K66?
D
Old 01-12-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm with Dee - do you have a plan?

I know you post here, but that doesn't seem to be enough. Maybe your neighbor could offer some more face to face support? If you can't do a full rehab stint what about Intensive Outpatient? That could be a nice alternative.

Whatever you decide, I hope it works out and you continue to post and let us know how you're doing!