Notices

Made the decision to relapse on Day 7

Old 01-04-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Expungement is different from vacating or sealing your records. Having a conviction vacated or expunged varies from state to state. In some states it is not possible to vacate a DUI conviction. You should consult an attorney with experience in vacating convictions.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear they pulled this on you.

Then again, reading the post, I realised what I miss the least about drinking - 'booze algebra'.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ok, you've done it now, had the drink, but it's over, you're climbing the hill, you've fallen over, your mates on here have stopped, taken your backpack off, taken your shoe off, it seems ok, ready to continue up the hill? You havnt fallen all the way down, lets carry on with sobriety.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to read this Sonkien.

Many times bad or disappointing stuff would happen to me and I think 'well so much for not drinking making my life better' or 'screw it I may as well drink'.

That was my addiction in full cry.

From this side of the fence I know two things

sobriety doesn't magically make everything ok....but staying sober gives me a great chance of making everything ok.

I hope you reconsider

D
Old 01-05-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say that I know what it is like to fail at this, and you just have to try again and try your best to understand that you have to get and do everything, everything you can, to stay sober. I don't mean to give you specific advice as I am hardly one to dispense it, but you do need a sobriety plan. Counselling, rehab, I dunno but it must be priority one. God bless you and all my best, in your efforts, Sonkien.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That was obviously such a disappointing day.

But if we only stay sober when things are going our way then I don't think any of us would stay sober for very long.

You've been given some nice hope for the fall. I hope that works out, and that alcohol doesn't ruin that hope between now and then.