Notices

Today is the day

Old 12-05-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=ChloeRose63;6232373]
Originally Posted by kintsugi View Post
I don't mean to play bad news bears here, but in my experience (and I've had my share of 'day ones'), but while physically the first day isn't much fun, a lot of my worst days have occurred after the first week.

What do you mean by that? Is is physical pain because I just want these few days to be over. I hoping to feel good in time for Christmas.
Hey. You should feel good by Christmas. Depending on the person - you may have a few days of discomfort. You may not sleep so well.

But, it's a few days and it's the start of a new life. Way better than endless hangovers and bleakness.

Wishing you and the OP the best - it's so worth it!!
Old 12-05-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The worst day sober far exceeds being drunk, for me. Physical reaction to alcohol is obvious. With my sobriety my brain woke up. That is where hard work and determination come into play. So- yes it is better. If any are feeling very crook or drink heavily- see your doctor to be on the safe side. PJ
Old 12-05-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post

What do you mean by that? Is is physical pain because I just want these few days to be over. I hoping to feel good in time for Christmas.
Not physically, but emotionally. While I find the first couple of days I felt physically awful, the hardest part of staying sober usually happened for me within 7 days to 3 weeks from quitting.

In my experience (this might not be yours, but it's worth considering), the emotional discomfort and mental anguish was much worse than the physical symptoms. Particularly if you're quitting around the holidays, I suggest you both have a plan for how you will deal with everything that will come up, and latch on to some kind of ideology around quitting that will help get you through mentally.

It IS worth it. It's totally worth it. But you need a plan.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just checking in folks. Thanks for all the good wishes and support. Its Day 2 for me now, 8.20pm and I know I wont drink today.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Congrats on your sobriety decision. What is your sobriety plan?
I've been lining my ducks up for a while now, planning on getting back into things I have let go because of alcohol. I have joined the local Cinema program which means I can go and see as many movies as I want, I always loved Movies. I've also bought myself a new kindle, again I used to love reading before drinking took over. I'm looking for a gym near work that I can use - again I used to enjoy exercising before.....well, you know the rest.