Notices

Alone in my aloneness...

Old 11-10-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fallen angel

Alone in my aloneness...

I am alone. That means I am alone with all the thoughts in my head and just me. My kids aren't here. My friends were coming around to make sure I was OK after my "episode/accident" but I told them not to worry tonight. The fact is I'm petrified. The thought of house arrest and 2 DUI's was enough to send me whirling into the abyss and now a third. I'm so scared that this will be irreparable. I am afraid of what I have done to my kids and their future and mine. Yes I should be thankful to be alive but when I'm alone I spin everything around and around. I keep thinking of my kids if I go to jail and It is making me sick. Bonus. I can't drive my car anywhere. I wasn't allowed to drive or drink anyways as part of my probation. I should know my charges soon and can go from there. What can I do to stop this dismal thinking? I really wish there was a psych line or something. I have to wait until Saturday to see my addiction counselor.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi, I'm sure this is a difficult time for you. Do you have a lawyer or someone who can give you advice about what is likely to happen? Do you have someone to look after your children if you go to jail? I think if you had more information about the charges you would probably feel less lost. I'm glad you are seeing a counsellor on Saturday. Hopefully she can give you some advice on what to do.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi lovespell - I'm really glad you posted. I think it helps ease our anxiety a bit.

I've been through this & I know how horrible you're feeling. It was so difficult to sleep. I hope you find out what you're facing soon - not knowing is so hard. I hope you'll keep posting. We care about you.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe check out an AA meeting in the meantime. Listening to people talk about how they got, and stay, recovered from where I was really gave me strength and hope in early sobriety.