Notices

Real Alcoholic Memes

Old 10-09-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Real Alcoholic Memes

Algorithm reminded me of something some nights ago. When you google my name, my facebook comes up, but the three posts that pop up are:
1) Angry message to SportChek in all caps that has no context or explanation as to why I was angry with them and I literally have never shopped there. I remember posting this, but not why.
2) Real Alcoholic Memes post: "How did I end up here? Oh, right..."
3) Negative review of the mental institution I spent more than a year in just because I hate that place.

Angry, alcoholic mental case. Google is ON POINT! That is the perfect description of me.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The good thing though is that we can always write a new chapter to our lives and resign the old chapters to the past, the book is never fully written whilst we're still alive.

Sobriety for me gave me a chance to turn things around, change how those around me saw me, those facebook posts, those google searches, we have the power to turn things around and resign the old us to the past!!
Old 10-09-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Since you are currently unemployed and might be (or are) looking for employment, I would strongly recommend that you either delete your social media and restart from scratch or at least set your settings to private (you could also go through all your posts and delete the inappropriate ones).
Check that article out
What Employers Look For On Social Media Profiles
According to it, 93% of potential employers do check out your social media and 55% have changed their opinions on a potential hire based on what was on it.