Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I'm in the lead for "ability to unravel entire life in nanoseconds". I win!

Notices

Old 09-20-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brand-new here. Things have become "that" bad...thx Captain Obvious. I don't know what to do. I don't know what I am doing. I sure as hell don't know what or how I used to do ANYTHING. My life is one bad decision away from over, not just in the poetic sense. I've managed to go from: high pay executive single hot mom miracle worker with a smile, to: off work 2yrs+ with major depression (GAF of 47 on independent evaluation) parenting a preschooler with mega behavioral issues whilst i hide from life don't talk don't leave bed don't eat don't sleep bankrupt almost getting evicted in 2weeks.
Wait........what?? Oh, and by the way, please if I could also manage to get hooked on coke somewhere in all that... that'd be great. Not just let loose have fun coke....no, the I do a gram a day everyday for over a year kind. That one!
I'm now supposed to start "getting better" says the insurance company.
Ummmm.......??????????
If not for my two girls, I'd have zero problems with a cardboard box and junkie status. I care that little. I hate myself and every single thing I see, say, do or want is literally pointless. So lost. So fast!
Old 09-20-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Hi and welcome to SR.

What are your plans for getting sober and staying that way?
Old 09-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Xiz

Hey LostSpiral,

Welcome to the family.

You say that 'My life is one bad decision away from over' which could be true. But your life is also one good decision away from not being over.

Do you take any medication for your depression? Let me tell you as a former depressive and coke user that the coke will only make it worse. To constantly chase a type of high that is only created by snorting or injecting a drug is never going to get better until you stop.

You don't get to a high pay executive without having something about you. Come on, you can clearly turn this around, even if you think its too late!
Old 09-20-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so low. You've come to a place where you can find support and inspiration.

You must not give up. Have faith that you can change things. Your daughters need a mother, a sober mother and that's what you can focus on. Things will begin to work out as you begin to recover.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome LostSpiral

I'm sorry for what brings you here but you've found a great place for support and understanding.

There's help available in the real world too

Have you tried something like NA, or a secular meeting based approach like SMART or Lifering?

D
Old 09-20-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lost,

I'm truly sorry to hear this.

You have children, though, so you don't have much of a choice except to try and turn things around. Reach out to any family you may have, if that is an option for you.

You mentioned insurance and getting better. What does this mean? Was your insurance paying for some kind of treatment?
Old 09-20-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

Stick around this website, read and post a lot. It can really help. For me, the additional face to face support from some guys in AA really helped also. I was desperate as hell, until I got so fed up, that I made changes in my life.

You can too. You can recover!

Believe it or not, some day you might find yourself on this side of the keyboard sharing your experiences with others, helping them to become sober.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum LostSpiral!!
Old 09-21-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Things don't have to get "that bad". You can turn your life around any time you want. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Please don't give up. There are a lot of resouces on here. We are all here for you!
Old 09-21-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The great news is that you can get better. All is not lost. Many if not all of us here on SR felt pretty darn hopeless before we got sober. Help is available.

Welcome
Old 09-21-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

your children need and deserve you present, now.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There is only one who wants you to give up and that one is the devil. Turn and walk away from him, your children need you.

Bob