Notices

Jumped head first off the wagon. A new day one starts now.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jumped head first off the wagon. A new day one starts now.

Well I had 9 good days clean and sober and jumped off the wagon. I don't use fell off the wagon as that implies an accident .
No I jumped off. I am thankfully starting day one again. I hate relapse, It takes so much out of me.

asixstringnut.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Originally Posted by asixstringnut View Post
Well I had 9 good days clean and sober and jumped off the wagon. I don't use fell off the wagon as that implies an accident .
No I jumped off. I am thankfully starting day one again. I hate relapse, It takes so much out of me.

asixstringnut.
I'm in the same boat with you. I was 10 days sober before last night. We're all a work in progress on this earth. It's hard to feel like a failure, but it's just a bump on the road to a lasting new life without alcohol.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Old 09-09-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You both can do it. Keep on keeping on and NEVER give up trying. Elle ❤️
Old 09-09-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

for me it takes action

meetings
sponsor
steps
service
higher power

God bless
Old 09-09-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

We all have our Day 1's and have to begin again. Sometimes it seems like a vicious circle. Hope you are taking care of yourselves! Sending you my prayers.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

Not trying to kill you here because you drank, but we often have to acknowledge some harsh realities if our goal is to remain sober. Your experience may help other people who are struggling with sobriety.

Any time those of us who accept that we have a problem with drinking and/or that anything can happen once we start drinking, then we are more or less willingly placing ourselves and other people in danger. There's no reason to obsess over it, but it's even more dangerous to just move on from it without giving it our attention. There's a wide gap between obsessing over it and brushing it off. It never has to be one or the other.

Jumping in "head first" may be taking responsibility for what you did, but only retroactively: Since you did drink, you were too late. And some day, the consequences may be much more serious than you can imagine. The expression "head first" suggests another expression, that you were "all in" when you decided to drink. It might help to check out what you were thinking when you made your leap, and what it was that countermanded your desire to get or be sober at that moment.

Drinking while trying to stop isn't the end of the world. But it could be. I learned that drinking is not "just" something. It's always dangerous, and not only for me. Having survived a drinking session with little or no obvious damage while attempting to quit isn't a silver lining or a learning experience, and it certainly doesn't promote growth and change. It's nothing more than dumb luck. I'd not be at all comfortable, or perhaps even sane, were I to put my health and well-being at risk with a roll of the dice.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

jump bk on the wagon
Old 09-09-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yup,relapse sucks.
especially when it ends with a drink.
since that wagon seemed to take ya to a drunk it mignt be time to find a wagon that wont and get on it.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats the plan now ASSN? what are you going to do differently?

D
Old 09-09-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

For me when the plan wasn't working I needed to change up the plan, continuing to do the same things but simply hoping the results would change never worked.

Go at things again, but tweak your plan, you can do this!!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You sound fed up and weary. It does nothing for us - just brings misery. I'm glad it didn't turn into a long binge & that you came back for a new start. We know you can do it.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It happens to the best of us. 9 days is an amazing thing. You jumped off, now jump back on.