Notices

CarolD

Old 09-01-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

CarolD

Yesterday, I came across some very inspirational posts from this lady. I was engrossed reading them for about an hour and have decided to check out an AA meeting on Monday thanks to her.

I kept on reading and decided to get in touch with her to say thanks.
I then found a post from (I think) Morning Glory, the Mod, saying CarolD had passed away. I burst into tears! Even now typing this, my eyes are watering.

I wish SO much I had known this lady - she sounded amazing. To all of you who did know her, be comforted, that even today she is working wonders on here.

Please check out her posts/threads - they are stunning.
Thank you.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

CarolD was a special lady and an inspiration to many.

She was a particular friend to me as she didn't sleep well and her and I would routinely do 'the graveyard shift' here.

Missed by many but remembered always

D
Old 09-02-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can imagine. Amazing way with words and so loving. Her work lives on though , bless her. Very gifted lady. She would be very proud of you Dee
Old 09-02-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
To all of you who did know her, be comforted, that even today she is working wonders on here.
Nice post. Her spirit and wisdom live on.

Reading your post has prompted me to reflect on my own behavior; will the things I say, write and do benifit others now and after I'm gone?
Old 09-02-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm not sure we could outshine her, but we can sure learn a lot from her x
Old 09-02-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

CarolD was an inspiration and a steady friend. My favorite quote, the one that sticks with me is this: "Side by side, shoulder to shoulder, forward we go!"

Got me through a lot of rough times!

Love from Lenina
Old 09-02-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have heard about Carol ever since I have been here; unfortunately I did not know her. But from everything I have read, I think the fact that her words and her passion inspired you to go to a meeting Zanna....I think that is incredible.

The power of love and strength and hope. ♥
Old 09-02-2016, 03:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have heard about Carol ever since I have been here; unfortunately I did not know her. But from everything I have read, I think the fact that her words and her passion inspired you to go to a meeting Zanna....I think that is incredible.

The power of love and strength and hope. ♥
Thanks Suze I'm not saying it will be a regular thing, going to meetings, but I'll give one a go in her honour
Old 09-02-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

She was an amazing woman.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My experience of Carol was that she was a warm, kind, practical, sensible woman with an extraordinary positive attitude about life. She has been missed here.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey light definitly still shines around SR!!
Old 09-02-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Carol was a dear friend and an amazing lady. She never beat about the bush, but simply said what was on her mind, and she was always on the mark.

One of her favourite comments was 'Not all loves are forever'. This is something I had to learn. Some people are in your life for a lifetime, many pass through and touch you briefly but deeply and leave you wanting more. Carol would always remind us that not all loves are forever, but it doesn't diminish them in any way. This was part of her practical advice on letting go and moving on.

Carol lived on a tight budget as many do, but she told me she would ALWAYS put on lipstick, earrings and a dab of perfume, because it's all about taking care of yourself. Bless you, dear Carol. I think of you so often, and I always smile.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I read here for years before I ever joined and posted and her posts always stood out to me. I cried also when I read she had passed and I had never had any interaction with her.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Carol was a dear friend and an amazing lady. She never beat about the bush, but simply said what was on her mind, and she was always on the mark.

One of her favourite comments was 'Not all loves are forever'. This is something I had to learn. Some people are in your life for a lifetime, many pass through and touch you briefly but deeply and leave you wanting more. Carol would always remind us that not all loves are forever, but it doesn't diminish them in any way. This was part of her practical advice on letting go and moving on.

Carol lived on a tight budget as many do, but she told me she would ALWAYS put on lipstick, earrings and a dab of perfume, because it's all about taking care of yourself. Bless you, dear Carol. I think of you so often, and I always smile.
I actually feel quite emotional again reading this. It's bizarre, seeing as I didn't even know her. So wish I had though. Sounds like brilliant advice too. Thanks
Old 09-02-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I read here for years before I ever joined and posted and her posts always stood out to me. I cried also when I read she had passed and I had never had any interaction with her.
I came across her posts by accident yesterday and must have spent way over an hour, just totally engrossed in them.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Carol is a success story. Carol never sugar coated a reply to any of my threads on here when I joined years back. Her replies might not have been what I wanted to hear, her replies were what I needed to hear.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I remember Carol from my first time at SR (2004-2010--under a different user name). She was an amazing woman. When I first saw this thread I got all excited thinking she was still here. So sorry to hear of her passing, but know in my heart she has found her "happy destiny!"
Old 09-02-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zanna - how sweet of you to let us know how Carol's posts affected you.
She was a good friend & I'm so glad you appreciated her. I'm sure she knows.