A month sober and no chip...

Old 08-31-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days!
Old 08-31-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dame View Post
THIS.
My village has well over 100.00 people, but it's the same story.
I tend to find that inside the rooms of AA there are more important things. It's a global network for a start off, and highly valued as such. In my small town we have had visitors from overseas on a numerical of occasions, and we are always pleased to welcome newcomers regardless of where they come from. The newcomer is always the most important person in the room in AA. As working with newcomers is what makes our sobriety and recovery work solid.

Everyone has a lot of fear about going to their first meeting. And we all think there will be some THINKING that makes us special and an exception. Why not just go out of town for a few meetings to get you started and then think more on it.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My Goodness!!! Thank you all so much for the SUPPORT! Wow. Just wow. I applaud all of you for your wisdom and your kindness. Your words are helping me A LOT . You're all just....lovely.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ooona View Post
Congratulations! I am also so very thankful to have 31 days today!

Lets keep this going, as you said, One Day at a Time!
I'm so happy for both of us...
I have a habit of getting too happy though, and then I'm in danger. I want peace, not pride. Pride kicks my ass everytime. Bravo to you, I know it took guts on your part. For me, I've just finally had it with being drunk. And stupid. And a fool.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Pthway and Congratulations on your 31 Days!! You are doing fantastic-

Your post really hit home and I'm here to say, please don't celebrate your beautiful Sober time with a drink.

Before I found SR, I celebrated 30 days Sober......by drinking. And I went down the rabbit hole for another 3 years-

This forum and the good people here saved my life and today I'm at 8 months Sober and in Recovery. I won't survive another drink so I don't plan to try it.

Keep posting and hope to hear lots more from you! Take care....
Old 09-01-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Yep, pride and ego got me too.
Humility and gratitude keep me on the right path-
Old 09-01-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pthway11 View Post

I'm not going to AA, but I do read the big book.
In many ways the Big Book has helped me to understand alcoholism
containing a recovery Program that has worked for many
considered to be a great sober tool.
Good luck,
M-Bob
Old 09-01-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I think feeling grateful and a little scared and one month sober is good. You're doing great and the little bit of fear will remind you how precious your recovery is.
Two nights ago, I told my mom that I sometimes feel I walk a line of fear and confidence; fear is a distant beast I keep contained, but a tiny bit of it is there. This keeps me humble- I can never go back to The Darkness, and I know it; I do not walk in fear, because my problem has been removed, but I shore up confidence with my program so that I won't ever go back to the scary place.

I am 61/2 months sober and I work to keep perspective and keep learning, every day.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It is all a lie. Well said...but it is a scary lie and I am newly sober and I am facing the fact that the lie can bury me.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you for this hopeful message. I don't ever want to go back, but I am aware that my brain likes to play games with me at this point. Loves the whisper, "Just one". And it's all BS. I'm guarding against it, I pounce on it immediately and say no to it over and over...and the urge passes.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hi Pthway and Congratulations on your 31 Days!! You are doing fantastic-

Your post really hit home and I'm here to say, please don't celebrate your beautiful Sober time with a drink.

Before I found SR, I celebrated 30 days Sober......by drinking. And I went down the rabbit hole for another 3 years-

This forum and the good people here saved my life and today I'm at 8 months Sober and in Recovery. I won't survive another drink so I don't plan to try it.

Keep posting and hope to hear lots more from you! Take care....
How amazing to hear my own fear of what may happen echo back to me. Thank you, the reply is like a candle in window on a rainy night.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well said...I need more of that. I wish I had something to offer here other than my thanks and my short sobriety, 32 days sober and much apprehension...and much hope.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

That is so cool...just reading lifts my spirits. (not the bottled ones!) LOL
Old 09-01-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

thanks
Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
I tend to find that inside the rooms of AA there are more important things. It's a global network for a start off, and highly valued as such. In my small town we have had visitors from overseas on a numerical of occasions, and we are always pleased to welcome newcomers regardless of where they come from. The newcomer is always the most important person in the room in AA. As working with newcomers is what makes our sobriety and recovery work solid.

Everyone has a lot of fear about going to their first meeting. And we all think there will be some THINKING that makes us special and an exception. Why not just go out of town for a few meetings to get you started and then think more on it.
I know I need a sponser...this is all great and helpful as hell, but it would be nice to connect with someone, to hug someone who knows what I
am going through, having been through the wringer themselves.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congrats on 31 days!!! Instead of a chip, why not reward yourself with a little something? (Maybe not food-related because that's not a good cycle to get into, either.) Idk what your hobbies/interests are, but give yourself permission to indulge a little every 30 days (or whatever your goal is). I don't do AA/chips so I tend to forget how long I've been sober. But in the early days, I certainly counted.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Pthway, I hope you're in the Aug. or Sept. class and have their support as well as this thread? You'll go through many of the same stages and good class support can make all the difference in your early recovery and beyond. Take care and keep posting!
Old 09-01-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Pthway, I hope you're in the Aug. or Sept. class and have their support as well as this thread? You'll go through many of the same stages and good class support can make all the difference in your early recovery and beyond. Take care and keep posting!
Could you please tell me more about the class, Bandicoot? I am very interested. I work 3 12hr shifts per week which leave a lot of empty time that I could be filling with something positive. Thank you for your post, thanks for caring.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Happy to help Pthway- Here is the Aug. thread link. It's easy,....just pop in and say hi. You'll be welcomed with open arms and lots of support.

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com (Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 4)

I too didn't know about the wonderful support of being with people at the same stage of this journey and was at 21 days sober before joining my January class.

Take care and stay close. SR has many wise people and great information to help you along!