Notices

FRIENDS IN MINNEAPOLIS - Help, please?

Old 08-30-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JD View Post
FreeOwl, it may be too late but COPE is a Hennepin county program. You might also try this, Treatment for chemical addiction | Hennepin County
thanks....

COPE came out last night and helped. They assessed him, deemed him at risk, had the police come and transport him to psych. But all psych did was give him some meds and release him this morning.

No help getting rule 25 going, no referral or expedited assistance getting into treatment, nothing.

So now I'm calling in a complex web of circles of public services and public health numbers and getting a big runaround for how to proceed. No wonder it can feel so hopeless.... I'm frustrated and angry and jaded after just an afternoon of trying and I'm sober and have my wits about me. How the hell is someone in their bottom supposed to get anywhere with these systems???
Old 08-30-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I hear you. Things like this should be a whole lot easier. It's why I'm a little jaded by government. We set up these programs and spend a lot of money and then make it almost impossible to use the program. But, hey, we're creating jobs, said with sarcasm.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

yeah.... I'm exhausted, disappointed, feeling let down and like I somehow blew it.

Meanwhile.... he's back in his own filth with no medical care trying to detox at home with another addict.