Notices

Taken the dive

Old 08-23-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taken the dive

Hi all,

Not been on in a while, had a bumpy ride ending in 99% more drunk days than sober

Last weekend was the final straw. Had plans yesterday to spend it with my friends kids, instead ended up for the last 2 days puking with a fever and the shakes after a 5 day bender. I've had a bloated abdominal area, face and legs for the last few months, sweats on and off and loose stools on and off.

At first I thought I could handle my drink, now I KNOW I can't. I've got an amazing guy and family and I know I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I've rang the doctors for an appointment this afternoon. My guys coming with me. I've told him the symptoms I have but we haven't spoken openly about the amount I drink but I'm sure he suspects.

I have my friends kids here now but I just feel like crying.

I KNOW this has to be it for me now. I've always said no to going to the doctors. It's never felt like this before and I've never been this scared to loose everything and everyone
Old 08-23-2016, 12:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you had top go through that rl - but you never have to again

I hope you can make this your turning point

D
Old 08-23-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I hope so too, I just don't want to have affected life expectancy or health too much. I'm so scared, I used to worry my work would find out, now I'm so scared I don't care
Old 08-23-2016, 12:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

We're here for you.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post
We're here for you.
Thank you, I'm already having doubts about going but I know I have to. Hate needles and blood tests I am always sick and faint after them
Old 08-23-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So glad you came back to a safe place where you can be honest with no judgement.
The important thing is to follow through now with going to Dr. and being totally honest ( it feels SO good to finally be honest!) with him/her about whats been going on.
No worries about a few tests, you and I both know we have put ourselves through way worse then that with our drinking.
Blessings to you dear.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ooona View Post
So glad you came back to a safe place where you can be honest with no judgement.
The important thing is to follow through now with going to Dr. and being totally honest ( it feels SO good to finally be honest!) with him/her about whats been going on.
No worries about a few tests, you and I both know we have put ourselves through way worse then that with our drinking.
Blessings to you dear.
Thank you, I have also been to the health shop as well this morning and they recommended milk thistle, don't know what it would do so I'm going to ask the doctor later
Old 08-23-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rl41 View Post
Thank you, I have also been to the health shop as well this morning and they recommended milk thistle, don't know what it would do so I'm going to ask the doctor later
Yes I dont know anything about milk thistle. I take a multi vitamin and a B 12 daily. When I stopped I just drank tons of fluid ( get out the toxins and I was THURSTY all the time!). I just found eating good, clean foods and drinking alot of water/fluids helpful.

Also found big time cravings for sugar and caffeine, trying to limit those cuz they make me antsy.

Please come back after doctors appt and let us know how it goes. Im going to be watching out for you and wishing you all of the best as you begin this journey!
Old 08-23-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Not been on in a while, had a bumpy ride ending in 99% more drunk days than sober

Last weekend was the final straw. Had plans yesterday to spend it with my friends kids, instead ended up for the last 2 days puking with a fever and the shakes after a 5 day bender. I've had a bloated abdominal area, face and legs for the last few months, sweats on and off and loose stools on and off.

At first I thought I could handle my drink, now I KNOW I can't. I've got an amazing guy and family and I know I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I've rang the doctors for an appointment this afternoon. My guys coming with me. I've told him the symptoms I have but we haven't spoken openly about the amount I drink but I'm sure he suspects.

I have my friends kids here now but I just feel like crying.

I KNOW this has to be it for me now. I've always said no to going to the doctors. It's never felt like this before and I've never been this scared to loose everything and everyone
Glad you are back!! Going to the doctor today sounds like a great idea, let us know how the visit goes. Looking forward to seeing you on SR daily!!
Old 08-23-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Dee, I hope so too, I just don't want to have affected life expectancy or health too much. I'm so scared, I used to worry my work would find out, now I'm so scared I don't care
Work a plan stick with us reach out when you get cravings and don't look back
Old 08-23-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning and welcome- going to the doctor that "first time" to come clean is VERY scary. But you know you need to go and you can keep the appointment! Facing whatever I had to learn was crucial. Then I could deal with it- I was on the brink of cirrhosis and ALL my stats were off, but they all normalized with sobriety, sleep, eating right, etc. You can do it.

Today- don't drink. Beating yourself up does not help- tears and fear are not just OK but normal. You can get into the whys and wherefores and reflection and healing once you get sober. Now, just one thing at a time- checking SR. Having a shower. Eating. Don't drink. go to the doctor. Come home. Seriously: tiny increments and tasks are just right, right now.

Good luck. Use the support of your friends and SO - the people who love us can really help us and them knowing the real truth makes it much more likely that the good ones will do just that.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back Rl!!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Coming clean with my longtime doctor was the best thing I ever did.
It takes a lot of courage on your part to do this!
I know you are feeling awful, but all this will pass.
I wish you the best for the day.
Drink lots of water, rest, do what you need to do.
Best to you
Old 08-23-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Milk thistle is for the liver
Old 08-23-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Asking your Dr about supplements is a good idea rl - not everything is suitable for everyone.

Let us know how you get on - I was terrified when I went to the Dr but things were a lot better than I feared

D