Notices

sponsor is treating me different

Old 08-24-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Realize that "doing the right thing" might not be what you feel is the right thing. If she's close to her HP not answering the phone was the right thing. Her job isn't to make you feel secure or loved - her job is to take you through the steps and help you get closer to your HP.

Did you call her during the 2 weeks you were using? If you did were you honest with her? Did you think about her feelings during that 2 weeks?

Maybe an apology is in order??
Old 08-24-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"She was always so proud to introduce me to people as her sponsee. So I think it really disappointed her. "

this can be a problem for people who havent sponsored before or have limited experience with it. introducing you to others is one thing and good, but introducing you as her sponsee..... thats a wee bit of pride and ego there.

were/are you ok with her doing that?
Old 08-24-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have to agree with previous posters. My sponsor (who is sponsoring others, and has sponsored many over ten years) has not once introduced me as her sponsee. She did introduce me to her sponsor and identified her as such. She is very by the book. I like that about her because I'm so not.
I don't think she ever took my relapses personally. I think she just wanted to make sure I was really back before she would begin again with me.
And like a lovely sponsor, she has never given up on me.