Can I talk or chat ?

Old 08-18-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ryanlanane, I'm in the Chat room now.

You're welcome to join me.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
When you get willing enough to stop and work hard to stop, things will change.

Hang out in chat some time and someone will come and chat with you, and yes, it's been quiet in there for a bit....

Glad you want sobriety again!!!
I Do indeed ..

Don't care who judges me, but I'll be honest.

I know what needs to be done. I know it's simple ... Hit meetings, pray, don't hit 4th too early. Surround myself with people who understand. Right ?

Problem is, I don't want to face people. I don't want to admit what I've done. Sad thing ? When I came in to grab 18 months I had worse stories.

It's the whole "I'm worse then you" philosophy" ALL of us know. It's a ducking bump I can't hop. I need to. My family, including ,y daughter, who turns 13 in a week, would all support me.

No sob story, f that. I just don't get how to get back on track. Did before. Don't tell me I haven't hit my bottom. You have no idea. Literally. No sob stories, but saying I'm not at a bottom is like saying I don't get a tad tipsy when I'm drunk.

Anyone who gets it ... Gets what I mean. Bottom line ? I've gotta be willing to reach out to real people, huh ?

It's just too damn embarrassing for me. I can't seem to put. Y pride aside . Yeah, pride lol ... Like the guy that pours a bourbon in his milk. Unrealistic truths. Self imposed. I miss the people that used to believe in me .... Believing in me. It's been 2 years. To them, I'm a waste of time. Period.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ryan this boards not AA - or whatever you feel AA is.

We don't shoot our wounded here.

We don't go in much for hierarchy here either.

I've gotten more sense from people with days sober than I have from some 15-20 year guys.

For what it's worth I'm sober since 2007...but the quality's the thing IMO not the quantity.

I'm still unsure what it is you're looking for here. I think the sober nanny who reminds you every morning and calls to check on you to see if you're ok is not actually what you need.

If you come to rely on this kind of sober valet system, and the person gets hit by a bus...what then?

I think you should be taking up the responsibility for your own recovery - because thats the only way it really works.

The best advice I can give you is keep coming back here - you'll get so much more out of SR if you come here sober.

D

Originally Posted by Ryanlanane View Post
How much sobriety do you have ?

If under 15-20 years u don't understand. This program is about pushing people. Nowadays, it's if they mess up once, see ya. Know how this started ?

So many hospital visits to prove to a psych the concept was real.

Look I don't need a hand holder OK ?

What do I need ? Someone to remind me in the morning this stupid ass procedure of drinking ever day, from midnight down to 4 pm, as well as waking up to a headache, having "hair of the dog" not even knowing any more ...

I AM sick of it. I don't want meetings yet. I want someone I can vent to, not take up a lot of their time. Someone I can message, pm, or text when **** gets bad....

Who the hell here really doesn't get that ? The fact u are embarrassed after throwing away 18 months. After you make parents proud then drink around every family get together 3 months later for 2 1/2 years only to see the disappointment in their eyes every time.

I'm not asking for a "God" ... I am asking for a "semi sponsor" I can reach if I need too .., without local meetings. That's IT
Old 08-18-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I can tell you're really in a bad place, Ryan. I don't think I'm really what you're looking for as I only have 11 days today, but if you stop now and keep coming back here, literally TONS of people will support you. Even if you can't stop right now--keep reaching out and at least give it a try. Just about everyone here has been through it...
Old 08-18-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should be taking up the responsibility for your own recovery - because thats the only way it really works.
I just wanted to add this doesn't mean support is bad or that you're not worthy of support - you are; everyone is..but it needs to be the right support.

You're there to lead the wagon...your support is there to help you do that

D
Old 08-18-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ryan, there is a lot of good support on SR. As Dee mentioned, this is not an AA website and if you look around, you will see a lot of different ideas on recovery. I can feel your pain and I want you to know that there is hope. You can take action each day that will help you to recover.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I agree Ryan. It says you need to have 25 posts before you can private message someone. Hopefully you made it thru last night. I did! Day 3
Old 08-19-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're pretty set on people doing this thing your way.
But is your way working at the moment?

Might be time to look for some willingness. Willingness to take action. Willingness to be the one to reach out. Willingness to stop drinking one hour, one day, one week at a time.

You know that there isn't any easy way. But if you do what you already know to do, it will pass. If you don't it won't. And you know that no one can do it for you.

Why not call the AA hotline? Perhaps they can send a couple of people round to chat. And yes, that's scary as well. But everything is scary once we're near the juice.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by suzii View Post
I agree Ryan. It says you need to have 25 posts before you can private message someone. Hopefully you made it thru last night. I did! Day 3
You don't need 25 - just 5.
25 posts is required to post on someones wall.
15 posts to be able to post a link.

all are anti spam measures.

D