Notices

Witching hour

Old 08-13-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Witching hour

It's my witching hour. Kids are busy. Chores done. Saturday night loneliness trying to suck me into drinking the wine in my fridge. My alcoholic brain begging me to drink and forget about all my problems fears and loneliness and have fun with my drunken thoughts. Sounds like fun but I know it's not. It's all a delusion and will lead to more misery. Sorry. Just wanted to bounce thoughts off real people who may understand. Hope I can stave it off. Looking over the edge but hangin on tight.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why do you have wine? Pour it out.

Stay busy. Distract. Take a long hot shower and put on clean clothes and change the sheets so you'll go to bed clean and sober and wake up the same way.

TV - find some comedy!

You've got this.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If tempted we probably should not have booze around ? My wife a normie keeps a little wine in the house for herself but, I have been sober for many years. When I first sobered up she removed all alcohol from the house and didn't bring any back around for a long time.

Mountainman
Old 08-13-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah my husband drinks and won't keep it out. Have asked before. We are not on same page at all. I am only on day 2. Yesterday was hangover day. Now feeling better and rationalizing. I literally drink alone when I drink. He works nights. He comes home after work and drinks in another room. I'm depressing myself now. Yuck
Old 08-13-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have refused to be around alcohol for some time now. It is really unfortunate your husband doesn't see that. I know I couldn't have wine in the house and not drink it. I'd probably just get rid of it anyways!! And wake up to day 3
Old 08-13-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Get rid of the wine!!!
Old 08-13-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree- pour the wine down the sink.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juliemacw View Post
Yeah my husband drinks and won't keep it out. Have asked before. We are not on same page at all. I am only on day 2. Yesterday was hangover day. Now feeling better and rationalizing. I literally drink alone when I drink. He works nights. He comes home after work and drinks in another room. I'm depressing myself now. Yuck
I worry a little bit about your domestic situation, Julie. Is your husband not supportive of your sobriety? Why do you feel this sense of loneliness even with him around?

You can beat the booze! It lies, plain and simple. Your AV wants the animal pleasure and release of drinking but it's a trap. Deep down you know it's true.