Notices

22 Day and Counting

Old 07-30-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking 22 Day and Counting

22 days sober! I am unbelievably proud! And although it's not a long amount of time in reality, it's still felt like an eternity to me and I just wanted to write and share some of my observations.

- Telling my family about my problem wasn't anywhere near as hard as I convinced myself it would be, in the end they were just concerned for my health.

- At day 5 I really felt a change negatively in my mental state and that's where the cravings and self doubt really kicked in. I've been told that it can happen as all alcohol will have left your body by that point. I also found at the point my hands shook a lot although that has since stopped.

- Cravings make me very emotional. I was at BBQ and was surrounded by heavy drinking, I found it made me way more upset than I anticipated.

- I'm having to be introduced to myself again and learn how to control my emotions all over again as I've taken away the alcohol crutch.

At the end of the day this is a journey for all of us, and I'm sure everyone experiences different things. But I just felt like sharing my experiences so far.

If anyone can recommend any advice on cravings it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you x
Old 07-30-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are some great tips on cravings here Shebasuki96 :
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Congrats on 22 days!

D
Old 07-30-2016, 01:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Sheba ,
good going on the 22 , i found 3 weeks better than 3 days and the changes get better as long as you stick with it .

I skipped most social stuff for the first few months , all those times i missed stuff because i was too drunk , i don't mind skipping stuff now to keep myself safe, sane and sober .

I go to things now but i make sure i'm not obliged to stay , i don't offer people lifts for example and i always have my car so i can escape to freedom when i've had enough .

Keep on

m
Old 07-30-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Shebasuki
Old 07-30-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Shebasuki

Congratulations on 22 days that is fantastic, you are now in your fourth week

The main thing about cravings is to remind yourself that they don't last forever and that if you can successfully distract yourself for an hour or so they usually vanish