Notices

july 21 2016.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

july 21 2016.

July 21 2016 is my quit date. Its only 4 days today but I stopped counting days because then I get to wrapped up in the future thinking 10 to 20years a head and its just a waste of time and makes me drink again . But anyways it hasn't been easy but if it was everyone would do it . Last night I didnt sleep at all untill 630am this morning because all I could think about was drinking. Mainly because I was watching a show called shameless and it has alot of drinking involved but it shows how an alcoholic actually is and treats there family..
But anyways I feel better today running on little sleep but thats fine hopefully I can get a good night's sleep tonight . Ive been drinking alot of water and coffee. Smoking alot of cigarettes . Figured id quit one habbit at a time for me doing both is to much finally I admit it . Still really havent come up with a plan but I know I have to soon tonight or tomorrow.
Just living one day at a time ,second ,minute,hour what ever it takes.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am very new to sobriety but find this site amazing. For me the sleep issues started to get better after a week or so. When times get tough I sit and read here for hours if need be. You are not alone any there are so many people that can understand and help. You can do it and one day at a time is how I'm living too. I love your name. No better gift to your children then sobriety .
Old 07-24-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 4
Old 07-24-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4 foryoumyson I agree with quitting one thing at a time. I tend to try to change too many things at once and end up unsuccessful. I think one at a time is better. Best wishes.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats your plan this time FYMS?

D
Old 07-24-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck FYMS
Old 07-24-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck. It's definitely not easy, but it gets easier and your life does improve. Just waking up and not feeling like crap and having to spend so much energy on damage control. Reduced anxiety is nice, too. Just take it one day at a time. One hour/10 minutes if necessary