Notices

Wicked Cravings

Old 07-13-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wicked Cravings

Things are a little bit bad lately. Not terrible. I know things will work out in the end. I'm still sober but have been craving more than usual. I guess I can just blame the fact I'm feeling down, I don't know. I almost feel guilty for feeling like I want to get drunk and forget my problems 'til morning. All my "problems" are problems I'm honestly lucky to have compared to what most people have to deal with. Then I feel guilty for even feeling bad. I would drink if there was a glass of whiskey in front of me and I feel bad for knowing that. Luckily there's no booze around. I'll get to a meeting tomorrow and gain some perspective. Thanks for reading. I wish everyone the best.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're not alone. They have been bad for me lately too. Thoughts of "just one more time" have been coming more. 35 days sober here.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan! Just remember.... They will pass! You just have to be patient and wait them out. Stay busy though! Find anything to do when this happens. Post more.... Read more.... Whatever you can.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Everyone goes through ups and downs whether they're sober or not. It's just a little more challenging to deal with them in early sobriety. I used to think my life would be perfect if/when I could stop drinking. Baa! It's not! But that's ok, no one's is. As far as drinking whiskey put in front of you, I'm sure many people on this forum would be tempted to knock it back. (Not me, I hate whisky, but don't anyone dare put a glass of nice cold chardonnay under my nose!) What you're feeling is normal. Our former response to stress is to drink and it takes some time to override that habit and form new ways to deal. Take a deep breath and find something to distract yourself.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great you logged in and posted. And a meeting sounds like a good idea. In the meantime, why not make use of some of the free AA speaker recordings on the recoveryaudio.org website. Sandy Beach and Earl Hightower are my faves, but there are hundreds to choose from. Those recordings have kept me sane between meetings many, many times.

5500+ AA Speakers & Tapes - Organized & Mobile-Friendly!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Berrybean for that link! I never knew they existed. Going to check them out!

How are you doing today Zackman?