Notices

here we go again.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

here we go again.

Well its day 2 after binge after binge this past month. Feeling very agitated and angry..I havent smoked in 2 days as well my chest feels like it's going to cave in and I am breathing very heavy. My life sucks I have a promissing job not making much money now but I can down the road if I put in my time . Behind on my rent . Always arguing with my girlfriend nothing ever goes right . I love my 3 yr old son but hes a handful and he's awful and it seems like hes getting worse tries to push ur buttons untill u snap and never listens case of the terrible 3s I dont know. I just know drinking isnt going to help anything or make anything better plus its a main reason why im broke along with the smoking . Just very irratable at the moment and just want to lay here and watch tv. Tried staying busy this morning but ran out of steam. Just wish to be left alone but it never happens like that life I guess. Wish I could just dissapear for a while untill I felt better.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you're having bad withdrawals, it's best to get medical help to get thru them safely.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you came back. You are understandably on edge & irritated. You can get some sober time behind you & heal from this latest episode. Then - you can stay free and rebuild your life.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you for starting over I find that I can deal with frustration a lot better the more time I have sober. Then again, I don't have a 3 y.o....
Hang in there, my friend.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very glad to see that you're recommitting to sobriety! Give yourself some time and patience. You'll start feeling better soon in many ways.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Boy, I know that "leave me alone and let me heal for a few hours" feeling. Three year olds are fun... and active! In addition to the ideas from the other posters, is there a trusted adult who would enjoy taking your little one to the park so you can rest? Is there a grandma around? Is his mom able to take him out to a playground or the library? Your little boy could probably use a break too
Take care. You have a job and a family ready for you to feel well and sober again!
Old 07-11-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks . Yea its hard to find someone to watch I feel its my responsibility to take care of him . Sometimes my girlfriend's parents will take him my own parents what a joke . My fathers not even working but hes a bad alcoholic just dont like the idea of him watching him. Todays day 3 feel kind of lightheaded and figity dont feel like dealing with anyone. At work hoping for a fast simple day .
Old 07-11-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Detoxing is hard on us all but harder when there are other people in the picture. Your son probably is acting out to get a response from you. He needs your time and attention. I know you're not up to it but is there anyway you can take him to the park or on some grass and kick a ball around with him? Just keep kicking far away so he has to run after it? He'll wear himself out and need a nap. You can then take some time to yourself and he's had "daddy time".

You're on day 3 so the physical detox is almost over. Keep at it but never forget how you're feeling right now . It might prevent you from picking up the bottle in the future. Who knows? Certainly not me, this is day 7 only!

Good luck, keep posting and keep reading.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better and I hope that you enjoy spending some time with your son this evening. You're doing great!