Notices

Old myth or not (hard liquor is worse than beer: t or f)

Old 07-02-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

The alcohol has the same chronic effects, regardless of the form. But, hard liquor can damage the actual surface of the organic material (your insides) that it touches. It's also like slamming down the accelerator on your drinking. Drinking hard liquor, for me it was vodka out of the bottle, makes your tolerance increase very quickly. This in turn makes you drink a larger amount in a day, speeding up the chronic effects, and amplifying the acute effects. So yes, it is worse in some ways. But it's the difference between getting hit by a bus, or being run over by a tractor. You're dead either way, but one way is messier and more painful.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Let's be honest; something alcohol prevents.

Whatever label may be slapped upon it; it's purpose is the same, to change how we feel.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think at the end of the day its of no consequence. None...of any of it is the best option. Either way your organs have to process the poison, which puts undue stress on them.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's an old wive's tale for sure that's been around forever that many people still believe for some reason that beer and wine are ok, but hard liquor isn't and is only for drunks. Alcohol is alcohol, regardless of where it comes from.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justbrowsing View Post
How much wine a day?
You weren't asking me but I am answering as a reminder to self of what I did (and, funnily, what my sponsor did, too) - 2 to 3 bottles a day. For probably ... 3-4 years. That was before I switched to almost exclusively vodka in the last 6 months of my Drinking Career.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I only drank beer in the end. 20-30 a day (wish I was kidding). I'm just a small woman. The effects were devastating - couldn't have been worse.