Notices

Learning to speak in groups..

Old 05-24-2016, 02:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I actually follow Smart Recovery and in particular the on line meetings here in the UK; it is difficult to admit to your problems and I usually type my messages rather than use a microphone, sometimes just listening can be very uplifting.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You are describing me to a tee. I have had untreated social anxiety since childhood so it's hard to ignore my body 's response to speaking in groups
Old 05-24-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Everyone in the room has been in your shoes when they first started attending. They will just be glad you are there regardless of what you say or don't say.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

First of all thanks for all your lovely words of advice and wisdom. I have just returned home from a meeting I have been going to for 6 weeks and for the first time I used the opportunity I had to share..

The first time I share and on my way to get out those doors as quick as possible someone stops me in my tracks and has a talk with me.. I am so happy and grateful, thankyou SR. I cannot believe all it took was to post on the internet and get a few replies and something inside my head clicking.

I don't know what else to say, I just want to express my gratitude I truly am so grateful for this.. Hopefully that was the first stepping stone of many, I am going to another meeting tomorrow night with the man that talked to me tonight and I actually kind of feel excited.

Hope everyone has a good night, thankyou all!