Notices

Hour 24

Old 05-12-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hour 24

I appreciate all of your responses to my last post everyone. I just wanted to give an update.
I'll keep it short and sweet.
As I sat there yesterday puiking with diarrhea, nausea, etc. (because I was hungover of course). Possibly rock bottom of my life. I got in the shower and just sat there under the water for 2 hours. As I sat there I decided enough is enough man. I'm done. I don't ever want to feel like that again. So I made a promise to myself that I quit. I'm 28 with a family and that's not the road I wanna go down.
So as some of you know, I drank every day since around 2007 and I mean everyday(in excess). And I'm now 24 hours sober. Poured out 30 beers in the sink. I could have just thrown the whole 30 pack in the garbage outside but something made me wanna pour them out. It was sort of liberating.

So anyways, so much for being brief. As of now I'm drinking hot caffeine free green tea like a maniac, totally restless, and watching Jeepers Creepers.
Here we go day 2.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, Jimmy! You'll find lots of support at SR as you rid yourself of booze.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job Jimmy. Pouring them out was a fabulous idea. I know it seems hard to think about now, but you can do this. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time.
Do you have something to eat? Maybe you don't feel like it now, but later it would be a good idea to get some healthy food down.
Keep it up.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. And yeah I got some fruit and some fresh guacamole. I've been nibbling here and there. Small enough to stomach.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

If you like coconut water drink it for the electrolytes. Drinking alcohol depletes them. Your body chemistry gets thrown off course. Also, take B vitamins especially B 12 . You are quitting at a young age and should be very proud of your decision. Many of us quit later in life and look back on alot of wasted time and unhealthy living. Be smart and stay sober. Make a plan, know your triggers, find your reasons for self medicating and fight for a new and better way to live. Stay with us! ♡CR

(ps Cubs or Sox? I am from Chi-town )
Old 05-12-2016, 01:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep going Jimmy

D
Old 05-12-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wait, back up. You sat under the water for 2 hours? What kind of water heater do you have????????? (is it too soon to joke? Don't punch me!)
Old 05-12-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ha hahahah!!! I figured someone would ask. But I live in a condominium complex so we have huge boilers. Water stays hot for hours. That actually really took my cravings and anxiety away (sitting in the shower).
I think I might use that if I get a craving. I'll just go in the shower. it might sound stupid to some but it worked yesterday
Old 05-12-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ah-Ha! You may have found a new therapy solution - Shower treatment. Did you bring a chair ?

Way to go Jimmy! Stay close to SR.... This place has been a life saver for me and my road to sobriety.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats! I was right where you are last week. I actually went to the hospital on day 1 cause I just couldn't stop puking...oh and hallucinating. In just a few days you are going to feel so much better. If you need some medical help don't hesitate.
Good luck.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wishing you the best on day 2, Jimmy10k. You can do this. WE all can do this.