Notices

Back

Old 04-29-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back

Hi everyone. I am back and determined to stop drinking for good. Actually going to try a meeting for the first time and see how it goes. Reading these posts again has made me feel comforted.. Hope you are all doing well
Old 04-29-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, HopePeace! Welcome! What brings you back? When is the meeting?
Old 04-29-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! You will find lots of support here. You should join the April or May class, you will find a community of people who have stopped drinking this month as well.

Also, check out Dee's link about plans, I'm sure someone will post the link.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I am back because I want to stop drinking and not just for a few weeks like I have in the past. I have never gone to a meeting because I wasn't sure I would feel comfortable but I am willing to try it out. I am thinking tomorrow or Tuesday so we will see. I am a complete a**hole when I drink and I just want to be done.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Welcome back!
Old 04-30-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back!

Right now would be a good time to make a recovery plan. Finding a doctor you trust, counseling, and getting support are all important things. I also like to keep a journal so I can always look back to remind myself it really was THAT bad when I start doubting it.

I also made a vow to always be honest with myself and those around me..even if I would rather sweep it under the rug. The days of "Oh I am fine" or "I'm doing great" or "Nope don't have any cravings EVERRRR" are over. I told my entire family that I was a heroin addict (grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) I made sure that if I ever needed anyone's support that they knew what was going on and that they should NEVER send me money lol
Old 04-30-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back!

Regarding the meeting, keep in mind every one of the alcoholics you'll see had a first meeting experience too!

They say meeting makers make it. I'm seeing the truth in that statement.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post
Welcome back!

Right now would be a good time to make a recovery plan. Finding a doctor you trust, counseling, and getting support are all important things. I also like to keep a journal so I can always look back to remind myself it really was THAT bad when I start doubting it.

I also made a vow to always be honest with myself and those around me..even if I would rather sweep it under the rug. The days of "Oh I am fine" or "I'm doing great" or "Nope don't have any cravings EVERRRR" are over. I told my entire family that I was a heroin addict (grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) I made sure that if I ever needed anyone's support that they knew what was going on and that they should NEVER send me money lol
Thank you.. I like the idea of a journal, I actually did that and got rid of it when I started drinking again. I wrote to remind myself of how awful I felt and then after time, I didn't feel so awful and thought I was fine to moderate. Which sometimes I can.. But like someone said on another post, having just a couple is never "enjoyable". I drink to get drunk. So I am not going to have any. Trying to be honest with myself and everyone but what if other ppl don't think you have a "problem" and they think u just drink too much sometimes? I have reached out to people before, some agree with me that I should stop and others say "oh, I'm the same way.. U don't have a problem, you just need to stop taking shots.." Etc? Those people make me wonder if I'm overreacting.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome back HopePeace
Old 05-01-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back HopePeace!!