Notices

Day 4

Old 04-21-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Man am I dragging. I'm very drained and tired feeling. My allergies are terrible this morning. I'm feeling really blah.

I'm at work and was walking to the kitchen for coffee and was thinking about my counseling appointment as well as life in general. I realized I can't imagine the rest of my life without alcohol. Then I shut down that thought and realized I don't have to worry about the rest of my life right now. So for now I'm just going to worry about the immediate future.

I'm looking forward to a clear head, feeling good and the depression to lift. Perhaps the red itchy face will go away sooner rather than later. It was better yesterday and seems even more so today. Small victories I guess.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One day at a time works for me, if I focus too far down the road I get overwhelmed.

Have a great day, unfortunately what you are experience is par for the course in recovery.

Andrew
Old 04-21-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I dragged through my first week of sobriety. Barely had enough energy to function properly.

The second week was much better. Hang in there Sinderos, better days are ahead.

I found living one day at a time and not stressing about the "what if's " helped me get through the difficult days.

Allergies, don't get me started! lol I suffer terribly and the pollen count is very high.

Keep up the great work.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great Sinderos each day will feel better as time goes on xx
Old 04-21-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is definitely the little things, each day will get better, and you have lots of great days ahead!!!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Thoughts and prayers for you. Magic
Old 04-21-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

[QUOTE="Sinderos;5916088"] at work and was walking to the kitchen for coffee and was thinking about my counseling appointment as well as life in general. I realized I can't imagine the rest of my life without alcohol. Then I shut down that thought and realized I don't have to worry about the rest of my life right now. So for now I'm just going to worry about the immediate future. /QUOTE]

I know what you mean, sometimes these thoughts can be debilitating. Good job on shutting it down. Focus on today.