Notices

I miss daytime chats....

Old 04-18-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I miss daytime chats....

Is it just me, or did there used to be more of us that utilized the chat rooms during the daytime (in N.American time zones) and fewer that used chat at night?

Lately, there seems to be fewer of us using chat during the day, (when I am sometimes available to chat), and more at night (when I am sleeping or otherwise unavailable).

I like the immediacy of the chat room conversation and the free-flow of information. Also, I get to know more SR members, and get to know them better, in chat rooms.

So, if you haven't been in the chat rooms for a while, give it a try. And don't be afraid to be the first one in the room. If I see that there is one person hanging out in the chat room, I will usually stop in and say Hi.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I tried the other day but couldn't get in, think something on my phone not letting me ��
Old 04-18-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

I agree firstymer; and I am one who had been a frequent user 24/7. Chat has helped my recovery countless times

Things change, and they'll change again.

The only thing I can control is me, so I'm trying to get on chat more frequently, and practice patience.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know that the chat room keeps asking me to update Java, and I have done that several times. But I think it's my use of Chrome that is making it hard for me to get in. And since I use Chrome to access SR, I have to l log in separately to access the chat room.

If I were more tech-savvy I am sure it wouldn't be as difficult as it is for me....
Old 04-19-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can't get in using Chrome, so I downloaded Firefox and that worked fine. And if you want to chat during the day, that's nighttime for me and I'm here.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As our members get stronger in their recovery, the less time is spent in Chat. I take this as a good sign. Living life and accomplishing their goals become the priority. Freedom from addiction is such a gift.

We have newcomers looking for support daily. I so appreciate those that give back and help them with their struggles.

Thank you!
Old 04-19-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I use chat usually between 12 modday and 2pm or after 8pm BST.