Notices

Thought I'd stop in to say Hello

Old 04-12-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Thought I'd stop in to say Hello

Hi everyone!

Man it has been a while since I have posted. I get on here and read threads and comment at times. I know that I should get on here more often. Since the last time I posted I have finished a college certificate program to become an Addiction Counselor. I am now doing my interning hours at a location in my town. It feel so good to be learning about addiction and it feels amazing to help others who struggle with addiction.

I'm now 2 months away from my 5 years sober anniversary. I've came a long way, and could've never imagined that I'd be where I am today. I get asked all the time about what I did when I got sober back in 2011. A lot of people find help in going to AA meetings. I never did that. I was too anxious to go outside at that time. This site was my outlet, my encouragement, and helped me through a lot of really bad days. I will always be grateful that I found this site when I did. There are a good group of people that helped me a lot back almost 5 years ago. Thank you all.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Wow! That is all incredible! Good for you. Maybe you and I should talk... ;-) AA meetings weren't my thing, either. I tried, I did. It just wasn't for me. I used this site for a long time and then I quit logging on and tried to just pretend that everything was ok. I'm so glad that you've done well. It gives me hope.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for checking in, and it sounds like you're doing great!

Congratulations on finishing up your education and on your recovery.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A fantastic achievement! Many thanks for posting again.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Congratulations on your sober time!!! Best of luck in your new career- thanks for giving back to the recovery community.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations, BigGuySlimm! Yours is an exceptional accomplishment and it's particularly wonderful to know that you're devoting your career to helping others get sober.

All the best to you and thank you for sharing this big milestone with the SR community. Achievements like yours serve to remind us all that we can create a new life in recovery.