Notices

Leg pain talk to me

Old 04-12-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dim

Leg pain talk to me

Hey guys,
Day 7 after a 5 day binge and i'm feeling a lot better except for leg pain that seems to go from my thighs one day to calves the next, to hot feet at night every other day. Can't say its inhibiting me from daily activity but bothering me more than anything.
I've read about alcoholic neuropathy and Spoke to my doc about it and she said lets monitor it. I've never been a daily drinker but an occasional binge drinker but large amounts for 4-5 days when i do. NOT LOOKING FOR MEDICAL ADVICE but just similar experiences in early sobriety with binge drinkers as well with it getting better or pain dulling in time?

Worrying me a little guys..
Old 04-12-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had a lot of aches and pains the first month or so. They did get better

I'm glad you and your doctor are monitoring it though.

D
Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Are you getting exercise? I've fought chronic leg pain since high school(from injuries) and regular exercise helps. Just a walk to get the juices flowing can help a lot.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I work in an industry where I walk a LOT and this, especially when it was combined with drinking, always made me very sore all through the legs ankles and feet. And probably depleted my nutritional reserves too. At some point I began to notice that whenever I eat a lot of fruits and veg--and especially bananas--many many bananas--the soreness eases up and sometimes goes away completely. Just my experience, discovered by accident.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You could try some stretching too, as long as you make sure to be gentle and not overdo it. Just a little bit can make a difference sometimes.

It's good that you're talking to your doctor about this, maybe you could ask what kind of exercise she would suggest and if she could refer you to a nutritionist for additional suggestions.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had leg cramping, which was due to dehydration and imbalanced electrolytes.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Funny Im sitting here with my right thigh and leg aching wondering if it is related to years of alcohol abuse?
Old 04-12-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have had some really awful leg cramps I started eating bananas for the potassium and it helped, I found that my B complex vitamins were in the toilet so I began taking a suppliment. One of the things that scared me was the blurry vision, also found out that low B-1 aka thiamine, can cause this. Hoping that as I help my body heal these will correct themselves.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

After five weeks I have started developing some leg and foot pain, especially when I wake up in the morning. I never had it before, although I had weird jumpy sensations in my legs when I was drinking which I don't have anymore. Glad you're seeing a doc. I wouldn't worry too much at this point as it's still early on and all kinds of funny things happen.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with your doctor about monitoring it. It may be something completely unrelated to drinking. In fact it might be something you did to yourself while drinking and don't quite remember. Sounds neurological. Wish you the best.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Make sure you are hydrated. Legs camps can be due to dehydration. I'm glad you went to your dr and hope you heal soon.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I got leg cramps from being dehydrated too xo