Notices

Rockbottom

Old 04-11-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Rock Bottom

Rock bottom is an old school concept. Place where you don't want to go again but rock bottom has a basement.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I never want to visit that basement........ Although I'm pretty sure I've peeked through the door a few times!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you are having such a horrible time of it at the moment. Hopefully you have hit your rock bottom and can now, as you said, give yourself to sobriety. In the early days I remember being so frustrated, and wanted to be 6 months sober immediately. However, it has to be taken a day at a time, and during the first 6 months I learned a lot about my condition. The most important thing being that I was unable to drink safely and normally. A very obvious fact, and yet one that I steadfastly refused to believe for many many years. Make sure you drink lots of water and eat sweet stuff to give your body the sugar that it will also crave.

Today is my 1st day without cigarettes in 30 years. I feel like I could kill a dolphin and use it's blowhole as a pipe!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are going to meetings to seek help with your alcoholism.

They have helped me immeasurably, along with the 12 steps of AA and my relationship with God.

That's what has worked for me.

Glad you're here.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nevey View Post
I never want to visit that basement........ Although I'm pretty sure I've peeked through the door a few times!
i can relate to that.
and the insanity was doing it, knowing what was causing it, and i kept doing it.

but then i got into aa. stopped digging,and used the steps to get me out from the basement.